gorilla glue flies

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by pearguy, Apr 20, 2008.

1. here is an interesting clip of using quick curing gorilla glue for tying fly bodies.

I really want to see how good you can make them float. Looks pretty handy for making terrestrials

2. Thank, looks pretty cool to me. i will have to try it out for some ant and beetle patterns. i hope it floats well, i think it will the way it expands it must trap a lot of air.

3. If water activates the glue I would think you could use food coloring instead of markers. Looks fun, might have to give it a try.

4. Interesting. I might have to give this a try too. I know the regular gorilla glue traps quite a bit of air, so this "instant" kind must too. Would be handy to have around the house even if it doesn't work out. If you all try this let me know how it floats.

5. I bet you could make popper heads (esp for small bluegill poppers)

6. i thought the new gorilla glue was great. here are my 1st flies with it (right hand column) and a few done with fabric paint (on the left). haven't tried any yet though.

7. hmmm I'm thinking smolt patterns

8. Hmmm, lots of applications for this stuff. Maybe form some around tubes for the head end on beach popper tube flies. Thanks for the vid. I have been using regular Gorilla Glue for various projects, and the regular stuff probably would take too long to dry. I might have to get some of that quick set glue.