Got me a new vise....

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by S Fontinalis, Aug 9, 2013.

1. S Fontinalis

S Fontinalis Active Member

Kinda a combo birthday/graduation gift to myself.

The Cottarelli T-Rex. I got a screaming deal on it, so pulled the trigger. Think i'm gonna sell the Anvil Atlas now.

Comes with two jaws, both of which are removable.

This is a 1/0 salmon hook. with the two secure points, you wouldnt believe how little pressure i had to put on the jaws to get the hook secure, and "bend" without slipping. Great for those fine japanned hooks i'm working with.
    [​IMG]

This is a size 7 wet fly hook
    [​IMG]

There is a full range of motion of the head, rotary and it can be pitched to near vertical to allow easy access to the fly/hook, in the second photo i've pitched it up a bit.

There is another head set, with smaller jaws (i didnt buy it) for smaller hook, but i think what i have will work just fine for me.

A few other accessories include waste catcher, tool rack, sight board and bobbin cradle, all of which mount to the vise. I didnt get any of those either, but might pick up one or two at a later date. The joints are incredibly tight and the craftsman ship is second to none. All these vises are made by hand in Italy.

bigdood and Patrick Gould like this.
  2. Dave Evans

Dave Evans Active Member

Very nice!

3. GAT

GAT Active Member

Wow. I've never seen anything like that before. Interesting design.

4. Davy

Davy Active Member

I like that !

5. bigdood

bigdood fishing hack

That thing looks so far out of my budget and so damn cool!

6. Dave Evans

Dave Evans Active Member

I think? that Steelhead/Tolt river anglers was a dealer for them? I believe that is where I first saw them. Definitely a cool vise.

7. Mark Mercer

Mark Mercer Member

Nice one Eunan !!!! I think we're all a little green.....Sweet vise...

8. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

Always thought that was a stunning vice. If I remember correctly their travel base is a cool little foldable/collapsible tripod thing. If the screaming deal was more than a one-vice special I'd love to know where you found it.

9. S Fontinalis

S Fontinalis Active Member

Jack cook at tolt river anglers, he has two left, $300 each

10. GAT

GAT Active Member

$300.00 each? That sounds too cheap.