Got The New Rod Yesterday

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Alex MacDonald, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Media:
    A few days ago I ordered a new 6wt from Aleka Sports, which arrived yesterday. Still confined to the little scooter or crutches, I wasn't able to really put it through it's paces on the stream, or out at RF, but I did hook it up to several different lines to see what it felt like, and am impressed. It's nothing fancy, but is a serious weapon! Very stiff, so it's not good for up-close-and-delicate, but I could really lay line out with it!! Double uplocking reel seat, nice grip, good wraps, well put-together rod, and I'm still impressed by how it blasted a 400gr Scandi head out into the next county. My switch doesn't even do that! For sea-runs and other like-minded critters, I'll bet THIS is a ROD!! Came with a nice sock and tube, too. This is apparently a new company, and their launch is half-priced rods. At 90 bucks, this is a real value, and I should have no trouble throwing decent bugs into serious wind with it. I was also impressed with the thoughtfulness of the gentleman I spoke with on the phone, who double-checked to confirm my rod choice, since they offer both a two and four-piece rod. I went for the two-piece. It came shipped in a bomb and gorilla-proof shipping tube as well, so it'd be really hard to damage in transit. Altogether, so far, three thumbs up for Aleka!

2. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Media:
    Remember, you qualify for the handicapped dock at Rocky Ford. Probably the close in parking also.

3. Alex MacDonald

Media:
    You know, I should check that out; I made it all the way upstairs today, hauling my little scooter around with me; maybe I can come up with a method of crutches/scooter/chair at good old RF?? Gotta think this one out!

4. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
  5. Alex MacDonald

Media:
    How much for a day rental, Ed?