Grande Ronde Guides

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by fly dds, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Any Grande Ronde guide recommendations? I only swing so I don't need an indicator expert ;)

Thanks

Kristian

2. Mac Huff is the Orvis Endorsed Guide on the GR. Also consider Dave Tucker with Dreams On The Fly. Both will know the river, timing, patterns, etc.

3. Silver bow fly shop has been working on that river for over 15 years...not only do they guide on it they fish it as is our home steelhead water...

aplTyler and Blake Harmon like this.
  4. Mike Dickson

5. 2nd for Sean Visintainer, Silver bow fly shop.

rwbailey05 likes this.
  6. Capt. Jad Donaldson

7. Dave at dreams on the fly. Been on two week long trips w him and his crew. He lives for that river!

8. Wow, thanks for the quick responses and good advice. I will do a bit o research.

Kristian

9. Another vote for the Silverbow!

10. Sean at the Silver Bow in Spokane. That man catches fish

11. If it were me, I would pick a guide that actually lives in in E-wa or eastern Oregon ....just saying.

JS, constructeur and David Dalan like this.
  12. Scott O'Donnell, John Farrar

13. PNW GUIDE SERVICE..........ZACK WILLIAMS.....SWING FISHING ONLY GUIDE, KNOWS THE GR AND WILL IMPROVE ANYONES CASTING--SUPER GREAT GUY..

14. why? i don't understand why living 2-3 hours from the river is any different than 10 hours if both spend every day there during the fall season.

15. Whitney Gould is a great caster, teacher, guide, and all-around good human. She also does multi-day Ronde trips.

16. Because I think it is important to spend my money at local fly shops and support the local economy of where I'm fishing...

TallFlyGuy, JS, constructeur and 2 others like this.
  17. Davy likes this.
  18. we all believe in supporting local shops... but the question was about guides and there are some great "local" guides as well as guides who have fished over there every fall for decades.

i guess local is what you define it as.

19. You just wanna start shit....thats all...spend your money where ever you want...I choose to support a local shop/guide service in the area I am fishing...

20. yup. fished many times with him years ago.. Highly recommend Mac