Grande Ronde?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jonathan Walkenberg, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Anybody heard anything from the ronde? i would think there are some fish in the river now but the warm water and low flows keeping the majority of the fish down at the snake/cw confluence. any word on the status down there would be appreciated.
    -jw

2. GRAND RONDE?

i have been wondering the same thing. im making a trip down there this weekend regardless but i also would greatly appriciate any informantion.

-Connor Parrish

3. Water is running about 62 degrees in the AM. Flows pretty low but there are some around..... Quick photo, she is back in the river to do her thing!
    ptyd

4. terrible time to be there...stay away for your own good

5. Still shut down right?

6. thanks for the reports. better than nothing i guess

7. think I might go next week.....just for the smallies of course...

8. Nope...go for the pikeminnow, chubs, whiteys, suckers...etc

If you hope hard enough...a carp will grace you with it's presence

9. I hooked and landed 4 steelhead on the Ronde last weekend. My first time out there and first time catching a steelhead. I hear the cold weather isn't helping right now though. I think I left right in time.

10. CONGRATS! what stretch were you fishing?
    pictures?

11. all the steelies went up the snake. they forgot to stop at the ronde. there are snakes, ticks, fleas and very low water on the ronde. mike w

12. Don't know about fleas, but I've seen the others. and the snakes rattle when they get mad. Luckily the bass grow big enough to keep the numbers down.

Wayne

13. I was at Heller Bar this week. Jmills is right. Plenty of Pike Minnow and the occasional bass showing up.

14. ANY SIGN OF SNAKES?? I'd think that they would be settlin down for the winter?

15. The 'Ronde has fur-bearing rattlers, active 'til -10 degrees . . . and they have learned that of inside waders is warmth. Your well-being is
    at risk. Don't go there . . .

16. I heard it was suppose to rain there this weekend...any news?

17. In Pullman its been raining off and on all day, its been cold for the past 5 days. Hopefully the mixture of cold temps and moisture will lower those temperatures. Im just waitin to make my first trip down there this season!

18. River is nice, fish are there, Hundreds of people!!!!

19. Ya, no shortage of people, had a slow day today in the rain and cold. It was pouring as we left around 5:30.

20. Also, any idea's of cabin rentals??? I stayed in one last year but failed to keep the contact info, It was between Asotin and the mouth of th GR..thnx