Grande Ronde?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jonathan Walkenberg, Sep 28, 2009.

1. FlyAddict New Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Jmills... sweet blog. The steelhead camp is a great idea... you were on the ball this year. I'm still logging long hours between the GR and Spokane, but it's well worth it for steelies.

Did you ever come up with a legit name for your base camp? What was on tap last weekend? PBRs helped keep me warm on the water last weekend.

Fly Addict
  2. Jmills81 The Dude Abides

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +128 / 0
    Chateau De Steelface......at least it keeps us away from the brokeback mnt jokes

warm....nothing in the gawd damn world kept my fingers warm this past weekend. I still feel it in my fingers today...yeesh

Crown at night, beer in the light
  3. Blake Harmon Active Member

Spokane, Washington
    Ratings: +135 / 0
    is it even worth me bring my shitty tent this weekend?
    or am I better off sleeping in the car :X
  4. MasterAnglerTaylor Member

Poulsbo/Pullman, WA
    if it keeps some water out its fine
  5. Sageman Member

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +9 / 0
    Ugh, river is over 900csf and still climbing. May make things tough for a few days. Appreciate a water report tomorrow if anybody lays eyes on it. Was thinking of heading there Friday morning.
  6. Jmills81 The Dude Abides

Spokane, WA
    That river will be FINE in the 900's. It's going to push fish directly up the system instead of stacking them at the mouth and the lower section

Get them up near my steelface camp, all will be just coooo then

Also, call Bill at Boggans and ask him how the water looks. He always shoots a straight answer
  7. Sageman Member

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +9 / 0
    Thanks, if I come I'll stop in and say "hi." You guys like beer or wine?
  8. Jmills81 The Dude Abides

Spokane, WA
    Anything really

Wont be there this weekend....but I think others will be there
  9. MasterAnglerTaylor Member

Poulsbo/Pullman, WA
    i wanna go back weekend after next. Hopefully we can get into some feeeesshhh
  10. luv2fly2 Active Member

.othello
    Ratings: +29 / 0
    i was there last sunday. the air temp was 22 and the water was 39. no fish and no bumps. my guides kept freezing and i had to get in the water to thaw my waders. the temp on rattlesnake pass was 10 degrees. it seems like the road gets windier every year. mike w
  11. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +603 / 0
    Didn't fish the Grand, but did so poorly on the Snake near there last week that I lost my mind and went back again. I hate it when that happens.
  12. FlyAddict New Member

Spokane, WA
    Fished the Grande Ronde again on Friday, and found the steelies in the afternoon. There was a lot of tail splashing going on in the water. I wish I could have stayed for the rest of the weekend. How was fishing on the Grande Ronde the rest of the weekend?

Cutthroat King, it was was nice to meet you on the water. Congrats on landing your first steelie on your new spey rod.
  13. MasterAnglerTaylor Member

Poulsbo/Pullman, WA
    Why would you report this....im dying here just writing paper after paper and studying. I gotta go fishing soon....congrats on the success, sounds like the extra water and temps helped the bite.
  14. FlyAddict New Member

Spokane, WA
    Sorry MAT... I'm sure the steelie's are wait for you on the river after you finish your papers;) I hear steelhead fishing is a GREAT study break.

The rain last week helped things on the river. I'm wondering how it was the rest of the weekend too.
  15. Blake Harmon Active Member

Spokane, Washington
    Ratings: +135 / 0
    friday I had one steelhead and two chinook to the net above the C@R section at the mouth. couple other hookups, the day was good. saturday on the other hand, one hookup. so pretty slooow haha. some of those native fish sure know how to ninja flip out the water. I love it :D
  16. Cougar97 Member

Spokane Washington
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Fished down by the mouth, from Turkey down to the mouth, Sunday/Monday, the crowds have thinned out and if you are patient you can find a place to step in. Took my Dad from California he pick up his first Ronde fish and I got a few. Water temp was about 52 degrees, fishing has slowed, either the fish moved up stream or backed down into the Snake. Lots of gear guys have moved up from Snake and kind of hunker down in the runs, tough to fish around them. Not sure where the big run of fish have gone. Still my favorite river around, the country is beautiful.

Tight Lines,
    :beer1:
  17. fifafu Guest

Ratings: +1 / 0
    Did you take any or all of those fish on top?

Nice pictures. Fishing with your dad is the best.
  18. Cougar97 Member

Spokane Washington
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Just under the surface, attached are the flies.

Tight Loops
    :beer2: