Great boat names or accesories

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by tythetier, Dec 6, 2006.

1. tythetier

tythetier Fish Slayer

ALRIGHT AFTER SEEING INZANES NAME FOR HIS BOAT, AND THE DINGLE BALL ANCHOR ON ANOTHER DRIFTIE, WHO HAS FUNNY OR UNIQUE (SP) THINGS ON THEIR CRAFT THAT MAKE IT 'THEIR BOAT'

SINCE I DONT HAVE A CRAFT WORTHY OF NAMING, I GAVE MY FLOAT TUBE THE TITLE OF 'MINNOW II'.

TY:beer1:

2. Jason

Jason Trout Bum

Well, one of these years I will get or build a wood drift boat. And it will be named "Drift Wood"

3. Josh Benjamin

Josh Benjamin Member

i've been trying to come up with something since august, but there isn't really anything about my boat that makes it stand out.

4. gt

gt Active Member

have only named 3 out of all the ones i have owned:

BeachBanger (the old kiwanda dory)
    DuzItAll (the 20' inboard sled that saw yeoman duty for a couple of decades)
    Reelfast (the latest one in my possession)

5. PT

PT Physhicist

I should name my raft the "I'm An Idiot". I bought it, I row it, and my buddy just sits up front and catches fish out of it. I wonder if he's really a bad oarsman or just fakes it well.

6. Ryan Francis

Ryan Francis HUMILITY IS NOT THINKING LESS OF ME, BUT THINKING

I have a very od smokercraft 16 foot drift boat(beat to death), my fishing
    partner named the boat " smokincrack", name has stuck ever since

7. AFJBugger

AFJBugger New Member

If I had a.....

Wooden Drift Boat it be called, Morning Wood

or a

Boston Whaler I'd call her, Hepatitis Sea

Then I think could die a happy man.

Tight lines fellas,

Bugger

8. tomc

tomc Member

Ah yes, My houseboat was named FUGGLY for a short time. When I got the custom stensiled name put on my wife protested and demanded we change her name:mad: We settled on KNOT WORTHY.
    Tom C.

9. g_smolt

g_smolt Recreational User

Got a 17ft Arima named "Gordita"...Arimas are really beamy, and the translation of the name is "little fat girl".

16' jetboat is the "Redneck Ride"

Got a new one, 20ft bayliner (old-school, one of the hand-laid mid-'80s hulls)...waiting for a personality to emerge before we name it.

10. Curtis King

Curtis King Fish Magnet

True Story...
    A few years back I took a buddy of mine salmon fishing on the Columbia. He had never caught a salmon and I set him up with a bottom bouncing rig and eggs.

So here is where you have to close your eyes and picture this......

His boat is probably 10 feet long or so, has a kitchen mixer for a motor, and leaks like a pair of breathable waders. We started bouncing, weaving our way through numerous $50K boats anchored up with and fishing QwF'es and proceeded to knock the holy snot out of the salmon. The guys in their expensive and float-worthy boats were getting really pissed. Each time we made a pass by, we seemed to be fighting a fish, and bailing at the same time. I politely told my buddy that the "bathtub" may be small and gangly, but it was unstoppable.

Ever since, even with leak repairs, we have named it the "BATHTUB".

CHEERS.........:beer2:

11. kamishak steve

kamishak steve Active Member

MY personal favourite I saw on a boat on a lake in BC was "The Dirty Oar"

12. tythetier

tythetier Fish Slayer

PT,
    I KNOW THAT FEELING. I DO HAVE A 12' ALUMINUM BOAT THAT I GO OUT IN WITH MY DAD AND A FRIEND OF OURS. THEY GET TO DO ALL THE FISHING AND I DRIVE.

I LIKE THE Hepatitis Sea IDEA. THAT IS GREAT.

JASON, DRIFT WOOD IS COOL. SIMPLE, BUT YET TO THE POINT.

TY

13. tythetier

tythetier Fish Slayer

DUDE THAT IS GREAT!!! THAT SOUNDS LIKE A PICKEL THAT MY UNCLE AND I WOULD GET INTO. OUR WIVES WOULD HATE IT 'CAUSE IT WAS DANGEROUS BUT WE WOULD FIGURE WHAT THE HELL, WE ARE CATCHING FISH. THAT IS A GREAT IMAGE, THANKS FOR THE THOUGHT.
    WHEN I WAS IN ALASKA, HE HAD A 16' CANOE THAT WE WOULD ROW AROUND IN FRONT OF HIS HOUSE, ONE DAY WE ABOUT GOT SWAMPED BY A 'WHALER THAT WENT HAULING A$$ BY US. HE HAD NAMED THE CANOE 'THE TIN CAN'.

TY

14. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

I have a woody as well, "Ibentook" (though I don't really feel that way).
    When a certain friend's rowing, I call it the toilet. We spin so fast I feel like a turd.

15. Wet Wade

Wet Wade New Member

I'm going to name my Clacka ‘My Way’ so when the boss calls I can say I'm on ‘My Way’.

16. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

I thought of naming my sled, "If it can be hit I'll hit it".

17. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Nomlasder helped be build my pram "Pramela"...

The new Smokercraft Alaskan is the "Glennie Mae"...

One FishCat is "Flo" as in florescent green and the other was named "The Pimp Ship" by Backyard.

I'm not allowed to disuss accessories unless ya'll have EAR and ITAR clearances...;)

18. tythetier

tythetier Fish Slayer

HEY KERRY,
    YOU MUST OF BEEN OUT ON MY BUDDIES INTRUDER WHEN I WAS DRIVING. YOU CAN NEVER REALLY TRUST THOSE DEPTH FINDERS. 9.6FT 9.4FT 9.6FT ROCK!!!!! WTF!!!
    I LIKE PRAMELA ROPER, THATS GOOD.

TY

19. Citori

Citori Piscatorial Engineer

One of the best I ever saw was on a cartopper in Tillamook Bay named "Capillary". It took me a while...

Capillary is the smallest [blood] vessel...

Another good one was "the other woman". Personally, I like "Rx...Dr's Orders"

AM

20. fishAK

fishAK New Member

The alumaweld I used to own I was going to name "Chasin' Tail". The girlfriend didnt find the humor in it.