Great Lakes Steelhead Fly Swap Beginner to Expert join in have fun

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by synister370, Nov 6, 2008.

1. xdog

xdog Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    I would like the recipe for the Kilowatt. I believe I have seen similar flies tied on standard hooks and I am eagerly curious as to the reason for using the jig hook? You mentioned the swing and dead drift have you tried stripping it with its jigging potential.

Nice tie again and thanks.

:thumb:

2. synister370

synister370 New Member

ahh that makes perfect sense now...

then if chandler clark is chan c..i got his and his are sent..

then nick asw...buddy whats the deal..guess that the reason yours never came yet...never recieved them...

3. synister370

synister370 New Member

nick asw please tell me exactly what you tied..material....hook size color

cause i am sitting here with all the envelopes and nothing with your area is on it..

and on a lighter note here is a big fella i caught just laast friday on that lil black demon seed

Attached Files:

4. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Got 'em, thanks all, good looking flies!

5. xdog- glad you enjoyed it. i just got back out west from ct.. had an interesting 4 days of chasing chrome.always a fun experience fishing the tribs of lake o.

the jig hook is deadly simply because of it hooking most fish in the rood of the mouth, and for its non snagging qualities. i tie most of my small streamers on jig hooks, by small i mean all the way up to 2/0. mainly focusing on the use of pine squirrel. simplicity. two materials and some eyes or a cone and im fishing. stripping it is incredible, mainly because of how it dives, this pattern without flash kills bass as well.

i'm down in park city for the rest of the week and weekend but when i get back to montana i will post the recipe for you.

6. with the small patterns drift them under an indicator or float and watch it go down all day

7. i just got back to montana and looked in the mail and found a nice package from spangler...

everything inside it looked great and i cant wait to fish these flies. the cerise lifter and dt eggs will kill it. as will everything else in the package. the little shrimp pattern will shame fish on the missouri.

just wanted to thank all of you guys who participated

8. Zach M

Zach M Because I floss so hard

Media:
    nice swap guys the flies look great. i went to chandlers house and told him you never got his flies and then he said "these ones?" while he pulled them out and i laughed cuz i knew you had actually gotten them. cant wait to throw the ones mumbles tied they look awesome

9. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Zach, after all the crap I've been blowing you? You're pretty cool and tolerant to single out my flies. I hope you will catch somethign and put a report. I'd like to see one of my flies hanging from a fish at my feet, if I can 't see that I don't mind it being someone else's foot or rod in the frame.