Great large arbor spey reel, $100!!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Denny, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denny

Denny Active Member

Media:
    I have in a like-new condition a large arbor Gold Cup IV by Bass Pro Shops. Bass Pro sells it for $200; I want $100.

Here's what the catalog says about it:

"High performance large arbor reels that set and unrivaled standard for quality, wormanship, and value. Cold-forged machined-aluminum construction and a carbon disc drag provide reliable, all-weather service. Every detail, from teh extra-hard anodized finish to the ergonomic handle and drag know, has been given careful thought toward function. Zero-reverse bearing for smooth, instantaneous drag engagement. Color: Gunsmoke."

It's listed as 9.2 ounces, holding 300 yards of 30# spectra and a WF12F line (saltwater fly line).

It is a beautiful smoke champagne color, large arbor, and is super smooth. The machining is awesome.

Bought it a great price for a spey rod that I still haven't purchased, and as a backup reel for a 12 wt. Sage RPLXi that I have listed separately here in the Classifieds. With a two year old and in the 4th month of a substantial home remodel, it doesn't look like a spey rod and/or learning to use it is very likely in the near future.

I got a great buy on this reel, and I thought I'd pass it on. It seems to me this would be a wonderful 7 to 9 weight spey reel. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.