Green DeLe....

Discussion in 'Patterns' started by Davy, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Davy

Davy Active Member

Media:
    Finally feeling well enough to sit at the vise for a few minutes, I dressed this up for a friend. I had told him I would tye a few late winter flies for his box while I am in this unfishable state. I will do a series of these in a variety of color I think and will post all later. :beer2: Cheers to all you out there fishin!

Attached Files:

2. Wayne Kohan

Wayne Kohan fish-ician

Media:
    Another awesome fly Davy!

I've been tying flies for a few years now, off and on, but I haven't tried tying any spey flies. I just got a spey rod this year, so I would like to try to tie some. I live on the east side, a long ways from anyone who ties speys. I learned many of my fly-tying techniques from books and wonder which book you think would be the best for learning about spey flies.

Even if I didn't have a spey rod I think I might need to tie some speys because they look so good.....

Wayne

3. Davy

Davy Active Member

Media:
    Well, everyone has his/her own style ofcourse, but Bob Ververka's book " whats the name? "Spey Flies and how to Tye them" I think is the title- it's in paperback for cheap$ thru Amazon I think too, is very good for learning "about" spey flies. Has very good illustrations and such. I dress and set wings far differently that he does in the book but it's all good, right? Get the book, it will help.

I edited this cause I thought of another book called "Shrimp and Spey flies" that is excellent as well.

4. Wayne Kohan

Wayne Kohan fish-ician

Media:
    Thanks Davy, I'll look the books up.

Wayne

5. FT

FT Active Member

Very nice dee style fly!