Guy's, Flies and Pies... Bremerton, Sunday the 21st - roll call

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Josh Smestad, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Josh Smestad aka Mtnwkr

Bremerton, Wa
    Ratings: +67 / 0
    I have room for 6 more tiers at my house in Bremerton off Rocky Point Rd. this Sunday at 6pm. I have a table and chairs for 4, if someone has a small folding table and a couple chairs then were all set. Looks like we'll have Bonzai to show us a pattern or two. If you want to show a pattern thats great, but no pressure. Any other ideas? Little Ceasers pizza will be provided but BYOB! Parking is limited and carpooling is suggested.
    We have so far;
    Bonzai
    Mumbles
    Big E
    Mtnwkr
    Jeff
    Trevor
    Van

ALL FULL!
  2. Banzai FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs

Bremerton, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Super! Does anyone require vise/tools that is attending? I will supply the materials for the fly I'm (ahem) demo-ing. Bear with me if my arthritis acts up. But it's a simple tie really. It can be varied pretty widely as your imagination runs wild.
  3. Big E Moderator

Coon Bay
    Ratings: +364 / 0
    Might I also suggest that we have a materials swap as well?
  4. Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Snoqualmie, WA
    Ratings: +869 / 1
    Crap - I'm guiding that day. Was looking forward to this event but I'll hit the next one then.
  5. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Ratings: +363 / 1
    I'm in. I'll throe in some blue eared pheasant for the swap. What kind of stuff are we tying?
    Hay Mumbles, I'll take you up on that taxi from the dock. If still available.
  6. Trevor Thorp Happy to be home in the NW

Fall City, Washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I would be in if there is a taxi from the dock as Jeff is suggesting Ed. Let me know.
  7. Big E Moderator

Coon Bay
    Which dock are you guys talking about? Kingston?

If Mumbles can't, I could. If there's a spare seat going, I'm in for that too.
  8. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,469 / 9
    If Jeff and Trevor are in then I can run a shuttle service from the Kingston dock to MtnWkr's place and back.
  9. Josh Smestad aka Mtnwkr

Bremerton, Wa
    Alright, I'll put Jeff an Trevor down too, that leaves one seat....
  10. Josh Smestad aka Mtnwkr

Bremerton, Wa
    Just talked to Van, He's in too. That makes a full house. He looking to start tying so If you could bring your extra vise and tools Bonzai, we can get him set up and teach him a thing or two!
  11. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,469 / 9
    I'll bring materials for a fly, not sure what, but it will probably be big and articulated. If we are swapping materials too let me know. I can bring some stuff, or portions of a few things. I've so much of some stuff I can never use it all.
  12. Banzai FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs

Bremerton, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Can do on the vise/ tools/ materials.
  13. oatka New Member

Rochster, NY
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Man, I wish I could make this.....but, having just finished up Guys, Flies & Pies 2010 and having the birth of my son a day later, I don't think I'll be able to make the trip across the country.....even with the tempting offer of little ceasars. :cool:

Wait, I think I already missed this! Well, then in that case, there's no way for me to travel back in time and miss it for other reasons.
  14. Big E Moderator

Coon Bay
    For those of you who don't know Oatka, he's the guy who started this whole thing. I first heard about this on flytyingforum.com when he first started doing them in his house. He's now grown a following that has him hosting a annual GFPs in a local church, I believe, and has a pretty large turnout. Hopefully we can continue having these and getting people to turn out.