Haida Gwaii Summers

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Jordan Simpson, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Jordan Simpson

Jordan Simpson Active Member

Media:
    Sorry for the absence from the boards everyone! I've currently been living up in the Haida Gwaii/Queen Charlotte Islands of BC living and working at Langara Fishing Lodge. This has been my first summer with them but I can tell you one thing- amazing!
    I mostly cut plugged but did a little bit of fly while I was up here. Lots of black sea bass/bombers to be had as well as coho and springs on the fly. Not too many pics of those as I was mostly fishing by myself when I had time but I will post pics later of me and my guests that I guided as well as some random photos of the area.
    The food, setting, and staff/people/friends/cohorts that I worked with were first class and I'm hoping to be back up here next summer
    Soooo many hump back whales all over, transient orcas, sea-lions, seals, eagles, dolphins, bears, and so forth. So much nature. So much awesomeness.

I'll post some more about this place and my summer when I had more time but thought I"d check in with you guys!

Cheers and Beers,
    Jordan

2. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Media:
    Sounds like you've been living the dream man. Welcome back to reality. You haven't missed too much. Nymphs are bad. Swinging is good. The Klick us full of doucebags....ya know, the usual.