Hair-o-the-Dog

Discussion in 'Patterns' started by guitarfisher, Mar 12, 2011.

1. guitarfisher Jeff W.

SLC, UT
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    One of my latest creations. Hair-o-the-Dog Lab Leech. Glass beadhead, Canadian leech yarn and hair from my chocolate lab, Roy.

View attachment 39928
  2. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Ratings: +418 / 2
    Jeff, let me know if you want some longer material. I have a aussie and a sheltie. Talk about some long hair.
  3. Spey Dog New Member

Wellington, Ohio
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Cool fly but my lab would growl at me just bringing the scissors close to her.:))
  4. SHARP Member

Washougal, Washington
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Love the Name?
  5. Dave Boyle Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +27 / 0
    Cool,

I've a big black lab whose tail hair has me wondering re a nice overwing for streamers and salty flies. The missus just got a new Habanese and it's fur is really nice and puffy/fluffy in black, cream and light brown. If you see a lady walking a dog in Ballard looking like it came out 2nd in a fight with clippers...you'll know I've knocked up some nice leaches for the coming Spring :thumb:

Dave
  6. abobrien Alex O'Brien

puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    the fur my lab mix sheds makes an ok seal sub dubbing
  7. Trout Master Active Member

When I had my Yellow lab, when the bastard was shedding (all the time) I would gather hand fulls from his back legs , great dubbing material. By the way jeff good looking leech and great name. I called mine Bart bugs after him. He's gone unforunately but I still have a zip lock baggy full of his fur.
  8. Breck Active Member

Lynnwood, WA
    Ratings: +75 / 0
    My German Shepherd, Gus, is also shedding pillow cases full of good dubbing material. Does anybody want some?