Hairwing swap?

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by D3Smartie, Sep 15, 2004.

1. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

Anyone have any interest in doing an Atlantic Salmon/ Steelhead hairwing swap? :confused:
    Been tying up a lot of Professors, Red Abbeys, Grizly Kings, BlackBear Green Butts and a myriad of other classics.
    I'd probably do a Nighthawk or Black Ghost for the swap.
    David

2. Scott Behn

Scott Behn Active Member

Heh there David I would be interested depending on when you start this swap. I'm swapmiester on the Bugger swap and that don't officially end till Oct. 02.

Edit: The Lum Plum is what I'll probably tye

3. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

I'm game, i'll tie a coquihalla orange if that's cool with you.

4. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

Anything/Anytime is good for me. We'll see what kind of #'s we are looking at. Most hairwings dont take too long to tie so hopefully we can get a good number. Probably ending about 1 month after we get our final group.
    I am thinking 12 to 14.

1. D3Smartie
    2. Scott B
    3. Mike D
    4. R.E.E.
    5. Steelheader 69 (Jerry)
    6. Monk
    7. nwflyfisher (stephen)

5. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

I'll Play

If I start tying now, I should be ready. Let me know the number of flies and due date. Don't know what I'll tie yet.

REE

6. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

Why dont we start with a due date of Oct 25 and a max of 10 people. I dont really think we will get 10 but who know. That gives us about 5 weeks.

7. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

OK guys let me know if this works for you...
    We'll give people until the 24th of Sept to sign up with a due date of Oct 25.
    There are 4 of us right now and if it stays this few or even add one more I was thinking we cold tie up 2 patterns apiece for a total of 8 or 10 flies depending on the number of people. if we get up 7 or above scrap the idea.
    Let me know if the dates work for you and what you think.
    Thank you.
    David

8. mike doughty

Whichever works for me.

9. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

I'm in. Hmmmm, now which pattern to tie?

10. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

D3S,

One or two patterns depending on sign-up sounds good to me. Deadline is fine for either.
    REE

11. Scott Behn

Scott Behn Active Member

It's fine with moi...

12. mike doughty

I finally got some more hooks in the mail so the flies are well in the works. just waiting to find out how many to tie, 1 or 2 patterns and a name and address.

13. Monk

Monk Redneck

I am interested if there is another spot open...

I would like to tie my pattern: The Lusty Lady :cool:

14. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

you are welcome to join in as long as the lusty lady has nothing to do with the place on 1st and Seneca in downtown seattle. :thumb:

15. Monk

Monk Redneck

No it doesn't... more to do with the color... besides... I like the sound of that name. :cool: Right on. I look forward to seeing the others' creations. :beer2:

16. Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice Senior Member

got any more room?

If you have any open slots I would like to get in on it. let me know. I don't know what I will tie but it will be good! I can let you know.

17. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

sounds good.
    Now that we are at 7 lets just go with 1 fly apiece.

18. Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice Senior Member

Okay great! I am going to do a modified Patricia. I have had pretty good luck with this one. I have Caught Steelies with it on both the Kalama and the washougal. Instead of using Claret I use kaufmans brown mixture, it's pretty good. :D

19. mike doughty

Is there a sign up deadline for the swap? mine are done regardless and once the cutoff is made i will send them out, once a name and address is posted of course. :)

20. halcyon

halcyon Hallelujah, I'm a Bum!!!

With the decision to tie one fly I would like to join also. I will tie a Chorus Girl.

Regards,