Hardy Cascapedia MKII or Loop Classic.

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by jcalderon, Apr 15, 2009.

1. John Wallace Active Member

Bellevue,Wa.
    Ratings: +51 / 1
    I'm looking in to the trout, switch reel. It will be in 3",3.5". I can't wait.
  2. FLGator Member

PNW
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    JC,
    Save your money and buy right the first time. Buy an heirloom and go with an Olson. Handcrafted right here in the USA with a sound that is remarkable.

Seriously, save your money and buy the best. You'll never regret it.
  3. jcalderon Member

A JUNGLE NEAR YOU
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    FL GATOR, I understand what youre saying, and with all due respect, I cannot see myself owning a "real" heirlook just yet. I am 24 years old and without trying to offend anybody, I still fish hard, hike around, beat the bush, drink too much, ect. I definitely plan on owning some heirlooms as I get closer to fatherhood, "adult" life ect. Again, I am not implying anything about anyone who owns a fancy reel, I am just saying its time for a "Lexus" not a rolls royce.
  4. Randall Dee Castaway

Cascadia
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    I don't know, that Loop classic kinda looks like a Rolls Royce.:beer1:
  5. Panhandle Active Member

Selkirk Mountains, Idaho Panhandle
    Ratings: +23 / 0
    I'm with FLGator..... William Olson's reels are beautiful pieces of work. Maybe William will post a link. If not, check out Redshed's web site under Poppy's ramblings for some pics. In fact, William, I have to place an order. :D
  6. John Wallace Active Member

Bellevue,Wa.
    Ratings: +51 / 1
    There are so many reels that will to the job in the $100 to $200 range. Pick the one you like and get on the water. If you look around. You can find then under $100.
    Good Luck!!!!!!!
  7. billyspey New Member

knoxville,tn
    HARRIS SPORTSMALL UK has the korean hardy cascapedia mkII for rasonable price
  8. billyspey New Member

knoxville,tn
    sorry the info i gave is wrong correct site is HARRIS SPORTSMAIL .com
  9. herl Member

the other washington
    Ratings: +1 / 0

There is no risk of over run on any decent click-pawl reel. The palming only comes in when you want to slow the fish down a little.

My opinion:

I love the old Hardy "perfect" style reels, don't have to be Hardy by the way, Dingley and Young are just as good.

A less expensive option is the Marquis Series, salmon #2 and #3 are spey models. They are reversible and have a palming rim. The Made in England, brass foot classics can be had in the $250-$350 range. Very nice reels, and timeless.

I can definately dig the Spey co. reels too - but there is the wait.. and for my money, I'd rather get an old reel.

Eric