Hat/ Conservation Site

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by deansie, Mar 14, 2013.

1. deansie

deansie Member

Instead of hijacking an already stellar "puffy jacket, flat billed hat" thread, figured I'd post this in its own area....

This is a company, no affiliation, that sells hats and other swag reflective of your home waters...site is entitled repyourwater.com. Anyway, basically sell this stuff w/ the outline of a fish and the state flag colors of a given state as the coloring (the CO hat I have is below). 1% of sales for a given area go to either that state's TU chapter or to an organization like the Wild Steelhead Coalition or the Bonefish and Tarpon Trust, below is also the disclaimer for PNW states hats.

Pretty quality lids, good cause, cool logos (IMO) and bill can be worn either flat or curved (for what its worth I wear mine slightly curved....insert joke here). Check out the site, order away and again no affliation, just cool looking hats that I thought I'd share...

http://www.repyourwater.com/

"1% of sales of all RepYourWater merchandise featuring California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Steelhead themed designs goes the Wild Steelhead Coalition. The Wild Steelhead Coalition was founded in 2000 with the mission of increasing the return of wild steelhead to the rivers and streams of the west coast."

[​IMG]

Gary Knowels likes this.
  2. Chris Bellows

Chris Bellows Your Preferred WFF Poster

Media:
    cool idea and some states have some pretty nice designs (i like the WA and FL ones)

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I sorry, but 25 bucks for a $2.98 hat just doesn't get it done.

I buy my caps and have my Old Man put on them for $9.00. An good cotton cap at that. The Orange one is at least 4 years old. I got my money's worth big time.

4. Luke77

Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

Media:
    I like the WA one, pretty cool looking. But let me warn you, don't look at the steelhead one. :confused: What were they thinking with that design?

5. bigdood

bigdood fishing hack

Media:
    Home Page:
    You're looking at it wrong, it's a .25 donation cleverly disguised as a $25 hat. I like some of the designs, and really like that style of hat as they are great for spring/summer volcano tours as you don't get too hot but still get the sun protection. If they were cheaper I'd support 'em, best of luck to them.

6. Josh

Josh dead in the water

Media:
    I'd be more into the idea, even at $25, if the donation was more in the 10-20% range. 1% is kind of lame sauce for what they are trying to pitch the company as. They could sell the hats at $25, give a fin to the charity, and still have more than enough in $20 to pay production and get 100% markup from cost.

The WA hat isn't bad looking though, I'll give them that. Luke77 is right, the steelhead one is ass-ugly.