Have you seen this?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Bob Rankin, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Bob Rankin

Bob Rankin Active Member

Today around 10:00 I went to fish a lake 5 minutes from the house. It's a single fish limit lake that is open year round. At 11:00, I saw the wdfw pull up and dump 160 fish from the Goldendale hatchery, averaging 3 to 8 lbs. I've never seen them do that. So, did I stop fishing? NO I DID NOT! I caught 3 to 4 lbs. fish until my arm felt like it was going to fall off. Some might think this was the wrong thing to do, but man it was fun. Here are a few pics... IMG-20130313-00023.jpg IMG-20130313-00024.jpg IMG-20130313-00025.jpg IMG-20130313-00026.jpg

Jeff Dodd and Patrick Gould like this.
  2. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

3. Bob Rankin

Bob Rankin Active Member

4. yellowlab

yellowlab Active Member

Two words: Beaver Lake! You were at the right place at the right time. Kudos!!!

5. Patrick Gould

Patrick Gould Active Member

I'll be there in 25 min. Ha Just kidding, but I might be there tomorrow.

Last year I was at a local lake bass fishing when the truck pulled up. I watched a young cowboy catch a fish per cast for about an hour.

6. Bob Rankin

Bob Rankin Active Member

Man what a good time! I would still be fishing if my wife hadn't busted my chops to come home.

7. Bob Rankin

Bob Rankin Active Member

8. McNasty

McNasty Canyon Lurker

hey Rankin, do you by chance ever see a guy in a green pontoon who is on that lake about every day of the week? pretty sure ive talked to you a few times. fishing has been off the chain the past week.

9. Bob Rankin

Bob Rankin Active Member

McNasty

I talk to anyone that will say hi. Im sure I have seen you there before. I fish from a pram or a fat cat float tube. I allways wear my lucky beat up camo boonie hat. I might be there again tomorrow.

10. GAT

GAT Active Member

You paid for the fish by buying a fishing license... you may as well get some enjoyment out of the expense. (Same thing has happened to me in regards to a truck pulling up and dumping in planters and I, too, had a blast and didn't regret it in the least!)

11. McNasty

McNasty Canyon Lurker

think i just saw you monday, if thats you who is usually with a buddy with a similar tube. been awhile since we got some of those fish, must be a bonus plant of some extra fish because i cant remember anytime in the last 5 or 6 years they put goldendale strain fish in there. by far some of the nicest looking fish ive seen there, especially the one in pic 2!

12. Steve Kokita

Steve Kokita FISHON206

The only thing wrong was you were having all of the fun and I was stuck at work!!! Glad you got them to bite.

13. McNasty

McNasty Canyon Lurker

be there until dark tonight

14. Bob Rankin

Bob Rankin Active Member

Mcnasty

I was there from 7:00 to 11:00 I must have miss'd you. They were taking leeches stiped real fast. I ended up with 17 fish. The bigest was 5lbs and he is for dinner! I hpoe you have fun the fish are real aggresive!

15. McNasty

McNasty Canyon Lurker

i got there around 4 and just got home. same here as far as numbers, around 20 or so and many more missed. stripping leech action got really hot right at dark other than that i was hanging black micro leeches with purple bead heads about 8' under an indicator and dont think i went more than 5 minutes the whole time without a strike.

16. Patrick Gould

Did you say dinner? From that lake?

17. Patrick Gould

By the way if powerbait is so powerful
    then why do I catch more fish with some
    yarn and a piece of feather wrapped around a hook?

Gary Knowels likes this.
  18. Bob Rankin

Bob Rankin Active Member

19. Bob Rankin

Bob Rankin Active Member

Mcnasty well done.. Ya the fishing is red hot. I'm back to work tomorrow so I will be gone for a few weeks. But when I get back let's fish. I'm usualy by my self there. But I fish it everytime I'm home. Would be nice to have company. Glad you had a good day.

20. McNasty

McNasty Canyon Lurker

absolutely, send me a PM when your around.