HD video camera

Discussion in 'Photography / Video' started by Reelucky, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Reelucky New Member

Bothell, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    My good friend has been using this andwe went out to a great little pond experiment with. The problem is that in order for me to edit it needs to be converted to shitty lo res. I cant afford the adobe program that lets you do a crapload of cool thing in HD first then convert it to regular video.

Anyway, here is the fast first attempt and my first youtube posting. Yes I handled the fish a bit much and yes I know how to catch and release but this is for science people!!!

2. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +495 / 2
    Why would you need to "do a crapload of cool thing in HD first then convert it to regular video"? I just edit in HD and then upload to Vimeo/Youtube. There is no point in shooting in HD then sending it back to SD.

FWIW, imovie is the easiest HD editing solution I know of. Now, you have to have a mac to use it. But it does come free with any of them. So if you know someone with a recent mac, just go edit there.
  3. loose ferrule New Member

Redmond, WA
    Not sure why you need to convert to low-res to edit ...
    Windows Movie Maker is free and edits hi-res without any issues.

Look at Any Video Converter (freeware video format conversion software). It may be that you have limited conversion options with your current CONVERSION software and not the editing software.
  4. Reelucky New Member

Bothell, WA
    Yes,cools tuff like zoom in on fish jumping and back out again without losing the quality. Adobe software can do that.

I have tried movie maker but for some reason it won't edit with hd. Could be my card or HD space as well.