Headhunter II vs Adipose Flow

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Jeff Coria, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Jeff Coria

Jeff Coria Member

My first impression is the Adipose is very advanced, adjustable seating, walk around capability, "heavier"
    Wider and a bit longer.
    The Clacka is a little bit smaller but a helluva lot lighter.

Thoughts?
    Anyone have a line on a used one?

2. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

Go row em both at reds.

I think the adipose is hard to beat for tamer trout rivers.

3. Jeff Coria

Jeff Coria Member

That would be ideal, I'm in New Mexico though. Thanks though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Luke77

Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

I'll agree, the adipose is money for rivers like the Yakima. Doesn't get beat up or pinned against a bank when the wind comes up, is very comfortable to fish from both standing and sitting, and has plenty of storage. It's also very responsive to minimal input.

5. Jeff Coria

Jeff Coria Member

Thanks for your input Luke.

6. Steezn290

Steezn290 Member

Have you considered the RO Skiff or RO Deville. Both are great boats. The Deville I feel is more like the adipose (Talking about size and weight) and the skiff is very very similar to the headhunters skiff.

Sorry for throwing another boat in the mix :)

7. Jeff Coria

Jeff Coria Member

I have considered them, if I found the right deal I would definitely consider it.

8. Steezn290

Steezn290 Member

Also check out the Nomad interior.... Really impressive all around and has total walk around ability!

9. Jeff Coria

Jeff Coria Member

The the nomad setup is sweet! Similar to Adipose and one of the big selling points IMO.

10. Steezn290

Steezn290 Member

To be honest... I think you pulled out 3 of the best companies out there... You won't be disappointed with any boat from those companies!

11. Jeff Coria

Jeff Coria Member

To mix it up more anyone rowed the Hyde Rocky Mountain skiff?

12. Steezn290

Steezn290 Member

I have and I believe the Adipose and RO Deville rows better... (obviously the headhunter and Ro Skiff are the lightest and easiest to row),,, But they are all like comparing Chevy/Ford/Dodge. All American made... all great boats.
    (But Dodge is the best :) )

Luke77 likes this.
  13. Benjy

Benjy Active Member

The mass produced Clack doesn't hold a candle to the Adipose. Have spent a lot of time behind the wheel of each. Adipose is just so much more refined, the space, rod storage, weight distribution. Everything is better. I'm not bashing Clack, I'd still rank them #2, but it is a distant second IMO.

14. Jeff Coria

Jeff Coria Member

Thanks for the input. I have decided on the adipose!

Luke77 likes this.
  15. Jeff Coria

Jeff Coria Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374251046.988837.jpg

16. Steezn290

Steezn290 Member

17. Jeff Coria

Jeff Coria Member

Well it's the one I am slotted to buy, soon as I sell my KTM 950 SE. Might have to go to the credit union to expedite the process.

18. Luke77

Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

So jealous! Nice choice Jeff.

19. Jeff Coria

Jeff Coria Member

Thanks Man, I'm stoked!

20. Ron McNeal

Ron McNeal Turtles or universes? I can't decide....

While you've already made up your mind, this might help you to feel more comfortable with your decision (and help others facing a similar choice):

http://midcurrent.com/gear/how-to-choose-a-drift-boat-part-ii-adipose-skiff/?utm_source=MidCurrent+Fly+Fishing+Email+Newsletter&utm_campaign=32fb57da6b-Newsletter_July_3_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_8efbf3b958-32fb57da6b-18963713

I'm not a DB owner, but have fished from Adipose boats. They're really nice to fish from. I'll bet you're really going to like it.