heading to dry falls sunday

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by icmorefish, Apr 15, 2005.

1. icmorefish New Member

North Bend, washington, U.S.A.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    has any one heard if the fishing has picked up there yet. :cool:
  2. Big Tuna Member

Wenatchee, Washington
    Ratings: +39 / 0
    Most of the reports that I've heard have indicated it's slow. However, I've heard of two different guys fishing 20-25' deep w/ chironomids who have done very well. There was a guy who posted on a chironomid technique thread recently who described a pretty cool system for fishing that deep using a full sink line. It's worth a look IF you have a full sink line.
  3. troutfanatic A day not spent wasted is.....wasted.

Monroe WA
    I have heard that it is pretty slow over there, but at least it doesn't seem to get as much pressure as the last couple of years (so I have heard). You could probably have a lot of water for yourself.
  4. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    It's not slow... they just don't know how to fish it.
  5. icmorefish New Member

North Bend, washington, U.S.A.
    i was supposed to go on the opener but got called into work. i did get a report from my friends that those guys who were 20- 30 feet were doing quite well.
    just curious if they were starting to migrate twoard the shorlines yet ?. :)
  6. Big Tuna Member

Wenatchee, Washington
    Ratings: +39 / 0
    Backyard,
    Are you willing to share any secrets on how to fish Dry Falls? I've done real well there at times with chironomids, but have had little luck with anything else. I used to have pretty good luck on a midge emerger pattern on the surface as well, but the last couple of years it hasn't produced. I understand if you don't want to share; I'm just always "fishing" for new ways to get better at this sport.

BT