Heading to pass lake for turkey day

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Joe Dirt, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Member

Going to pass for my first time on turkey day. Anyone have any ideas for this time of year?

2. flytyerboy95

flytyerboy95 Future fly fishing guide

check out the thread i posted on pass lake flys

3. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Member

Thanks i saw that and just was not sure if it was meant for November:beer2: or another time of the year.

4. Zane Wyll

Zane Wyll Member

swing by dirt I will be in the wood drift boat.

zane

5. fatguide

fatguide fish or DIE

Does Pass Lake still hold huge trout?

When my father-in-law passed away we found a picture in his wallet of him holding a trout. On the bottom of the picture he had written Pass Lake- 7 pound trout. The picture was from the late 50's-earily 60's and really dog eared. My oldest son Bret stole the picture, retouched it and blew it up to 8x10. On the following X-mas he gave me the framed picture.
    It now hangs on my wall under three of his grampa's favorite bamboo fly rods.

When you guys fish the lake this weekend, tell the largest fish you release hello from Bruce Cox----He knew your grandpa. Thanx

fatguide

fish or DIE

6. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Member

Ill look you up, that would be great. And if i have any luck ill let you know!!!:thumb:

7. Dick Warnke

Dick Warnke was Pram-Man

Fatguide, Cool story...I'm thinking of hitting pass on Friday had to cancel out on the Ford. If I get that big one I'll pass along your salutations!! :thumb:

8. fatguide

fatguide fish or DIE

I was actually wrong when I said at the bottom of the picture it said 7 pound trout, it says,"8lb 4oz.

9. Thats a nice fish i caught 2 23 inchers 1 20 and 1 27 there a while back i have no idea how much a fish like that would weight though.