Help A newbie Please !

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by flyrookie, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Remaining off topic, but considering this funny:

Ha, in an airport once a chick stepped into the next urinal stall and quitely said "If I stand here a second then leave, will anyone notice I came into the wrong bathroom". I responded "I have no idea" and then she was gone. Potential opportunity lost? No idea.

2. Trout Master

Trout Master Active Member

Mumbles are we starting to see that you like to hang out in restrooms???

3. Trent

Trent Ugly member

If you are in a drunken stupor and find youself in the restroom without urnials, don't demand in a load vioce "where are the urnials at?!!!". Hmmmm, the lessons of the past.

4. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Bar of said airport 3 hours, conversations with the ladies ZERO. Two trips to the restroom, total time maybe 3 minutes, conversation with ladies ONE. From back in my bar days that told me I might want to rethink my strategy of bars...but hanging in bathrooms is not my thing. Take care of that business of recycling the dark beer into light beer and get out of there for more beer.

5. Jim Speaker

Jim Speaker Active Member

Home Page:
    It's no problem Troutrageous. As I told someone else in a p.m., I don't even have an issue with you calling me a dick on this thread - it's what I was doing - intentionally. Reading and re-reading the first post just creates this ??? what ??? reaction in me due to this mixture of name "flyrookie" stating that he's learning to flyfish but possesses no flyfishing gear etc etc. I'm not worried about him catching a beardsley, it would be an effin miracle. I've just noticed a bit of influx of weird posts incoming - the board has grown and is growing - and a smackdown seemed necessary, much as a dick as I had to be about it.

flyrookie: I appreciate what you're saying about C&R - good. Helpful hint: introduce yourself and get to know the community a little before stomping in asking for info on something that many hold dear to them and are therefore protective of. This is not a fly-by-night flyfishing forum this is a community of (mostly) NW flyfishers that love the tradition and our region deeply.

Cheers all.

6. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Media:
    There's a LOT more to being a flyfisherman than tying a fly on the end of a line. If you disagree, I'd like to be there to watch you when you try to cast the long rod for the first time.

Step back and consider how much different the mechanics of flycasting is from spin- or bait-casting and you might begin to get a glimpse of why your presence here has been welcomed with a lot less than open arms.

'Flyfishing' aside, this is an online forum and NOBODY with even a gram of sense is gonna answer your questions in public. You'll need to earn a LOT of respect before anyone here is gonna open up to you about Crescent Lake.

K

7. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

Jim, we've never met, but I like your shit a LOT! He wasn't exactly asking on tips on how to fish the 'Snake' or Greenlake[ the other 2 endangered Trophy Lakes:rofl: in this state]!!

8. Daryle Holmstrom

Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Media:
    All right guys we haven't had a whinny pee hole match for awhile. LOL