Henderson Bay/Glen Cove?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by cook, Sep 29, 2013.

1. cook Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I'm going to be at Camp Seymour this week for a school field trip. I'm hoping to get out in the mornings for an hour tops, I also need to pack lightly. Should I focus attention on silvers or SRC? (Do coho even migrate through this bay?)--would love to catch another silver this year and it seems like time is almost up in the salt. Thanks!
  2. Alexander Fishon

WA
    Ratings: +323 / 0
    I'd target SRC and of the Coho are there they may hit whatever you're chucking at the SRC's ;)
  3. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +343 / 1
    As I remember it, Glenn Cove pretty much empties out at low tide. Be mindful of the tides there. You may not get to fish depending on the times.
  4. rotato Active Member

home,wa
    Ratings: +77 / 0
    There is plenty of water in glen cove
    Both species are around right now
    See if you can borrow one of those sweet aluminum canoes and fish the mouth of the bay
    Good luck
    plaegreid likes this.
  5. scottr Active Member

Chasing trout and birds
    Ratings: +106 / 0
    Did the same thing and didn't bring a rod :eek:. There are salmon and SRCs in the cove but you probably wont be able to borrow a canoe from the camp and dock access is limited but bring a rod and waders. There are a couple points one the camp property that look good to access.
  6. Chucker Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    There are some unfriendly landowners in that area, so be careful where you go if you are on the beach. Even in a kayak they think it's funny to hit golf balls at you when you are fishing.
  7. plaegreid Saved by the buoyancy of citrus

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +742 / 0

Bring a net and a slingshot. Retrieve golf balls with net and return them with slingshot.

#likeagoodneighbor #droppinballs #slingalingadingdong #yolo #bieberfever
  8. plaegreid Saved by the buoyancy of citrus

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +742 / 0
    Bonus points if you mount a slingshot apparatus to your yak! Like a punt gun, but less illegal probably!