Henry's Lake Closer Team Rugged Style! Cold Canyon Lodge October 28th-31st

Discussion in 'Events' started by MacRowdy, Oct 4, 2004.

1. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    OK Backyard, Roper, Dr. SAK and myself are headed out there next wednesday for a long weekend.

Since everyone else wussed out we cut the trip short (figured that 7 days of henry's lake ice would be a bit much).

Here's the update for those attending:

Update: I have all the appliances you could want. Gas range, dishwasher, super deluxe fridge/freezer, 6ft. box freezer and a weber gas grill. I also have a washer and dryer.

If you are attending please call me to confirm: 206-660-1716 I do not have a phone that works out there (unless t-mobile put up a new tower). If you can find the fall river cafe you can find my place. I am north of them about 300 yards.

Plan on it being cold cold cold. You can fish anywhere. See the list below for travel times to different locations. The browns will be running so you can plan on some serious crazy hog fishin in the local rivers.

As for the Henry's lake closer you can plan on fishing scuds and leeches.

Bring warm bedding. The cabin will sleep everyone so there is no need to camp outside.

BYOB
    BYOL
    BYOA
    BYOCheerleaders
    BYOW
    BYOF
    WTF???

hahaha

My Address is:

3266 Highway 20
    Ashton, ID 83420-5712

The best land mark for locating the cabin is the Fall River Cafe.

3248 Highway 20 - map
    Ashton, ID 83420

http://chefmoz.org/United_States/ID/Ashton/Fall_River_Cafe959995074.html

Someone will be there by this sunday morning. Roper and Backyard are heading over at least a day before me. I will be there until the end of the month.

From the doorstep it is:
    35 minutes to Henry's Lake
    45 minutes to the Madison
    45 minutes to yellowstone
    15 minutes to warm river/robison creek
    20 minutes to bitch creek
    3 minutes to Henry's Fork
    1/2 mile to the Fall River
    15 minutes to Harriman State Park (railroad ranch)
    20 minutes to macks inn

50 minutes from the airport

Questions comments? You know what to do.

MAC
  2. irishmac10 New Member

Snohomish Washington
    Can I go Please irishmac10
    :beer2: :beathead: :beer1:
  3. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    Either online or offline you will have to divuldge your true identity and pledge loyalty to team rugged and it's founding fathers: MacRowdy, Whitey, Roper, Sparse and the current president BackYard.

Or two personal referalls will suffice. Granted I know them and they can vouch for you.

MAC: "Sorry but I've got a rowdy reputation to uphold"

PS if you are over 65 then you are in. Or if you can produce photos of yourself jumping a monster bonfire while at least half naked then you're in. Or if you bring six 18-19 year old college cheerleaders then your in too.
  4. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    King Rowdy i dig your style, i wish i had the chance to audition for the trip. i had the pleasure of enjoying a brief skunking with the old man once, would that have qualified me? :rofl:
  5. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    Yes, if someone has partaken of the shark repellant ala Old Man Jim then yes for sure you would be qualified. :)

We'd love to have ya Mike.

The airport is Idaho Falls just as a general FYI.

I sure hope that it isn't just MACYard and our cheerleaders jumping over the fire...
  6. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    I knew there were perks with meeting old man. once i am in utah i plan to make time for as many WFF associated events as possable. I'll road just about anywhere to throw a fly, especially when beer, bon fires and babes are involved.
  7. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    Well then it's on! hahaha I should be out in Idaho full time within the next year. Then you can come up and fish.
  8. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    Hell ya, i'll be there and if you ever want to dabble in some trout in utah i am extending the invite. if all goes well i will have at least 1/2 of utah scouted by feb.
  9. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    sweet. I know a couple spots down there too.
  10. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,709 / 0
    I''ll vouch for Irishmac10. Even if he is a Scotchman. Real name escapes me now as a few beers really screw up the brain. But he is all right.

jim
  11. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    The Confirmed list is as follows:

Roper and Mrs. Roper
    MacYard and groupies
    Leaky Tiki
    JBrodie
    IrishMac
    A couple of my backwoods redneck cousins
    the two guys from boise
    and a few other unnamed folks.

There are a few maybes out there but we'll firm them up.
    And hey, if there are any of you who are a little hesitant please feel free to step up. Even if I can't get anyone to vouch for you all you have to do is pay hommage to Team Rugged, Swear your loyalty, then get naked and jump over the fire! Heck, Roper did it so why can't you!?

Also: if there is anyone who might have and or is willing to pull a trailer full of my stuff in exchange for some help with gas money please let me know. I would like to drag a couple more beds out there for the guests in addition to a couple other items I wasn't able to fit in my ghetto fabulous travel trailer. hahahaha

Also: (this is really stretching it but) is there anyone who might want to flat tow an old Land Rover I picked up? hahahaha I've been planning on pulling it over with my landcruiser and then leaving both rides there but I don't think that I'll have the re-wire job done in time.

MAC

(The old series I LandRover does not run and I got it for $100. It will be fixed up, painted, safari'd out and used as advertising for www.coldcanyonoutfitters.com )
  12. irishmac10 New Member

Snohomish Washington
    MacRowdy
    I sent you an E-mail stating my true identity, hope you got it, but if you didn't my true name is John. JBrodie and the Old Man Jim can vouch for me,
    I met Old Man Jim today. fishing the Stilly.
    About this loyalty thing, I really can't do that until I meat the team, but I don't see any problem with the pledge.
    Sorry, I'm not over the hill yet, and this thing about the monster bonfire and jumping, everybody knows white men can't jump :confused:
    Now about the cheerleaders, why only six?
    Irishmac10 aka John
    PS thank you for putting on the comfrimed list.
  13. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +791 / 1
    Was this a typo or a Freudian slip...? We're rugged, but not THAT rugged.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
  14. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    IrishMac, I got your e-mail and replied. So you might have an e-mail from me in your junkmail folder or something.

Anyway, yeah you're in.

I think Irafly is in as well. And he's gonna bring his ladder! hahahaha

MAC
  15. irishmac10 New Member

Snohomish Washington
    Sorry Roper must have been thinking of the cheerleader :beathead: :eek:
  16. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,709 / 0
    John (Irishmac10)

John,don't let the title "Team Rugged" fool you. Most of these people will sleep inside if there is a motel close by. Even in the warmer months. But there are a few of us that will stay out side even in the worst weather.But I'm not one of them :rolleyes:

Jim
  17. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    Jim, Team Rugged is all tongue in Cheek. If it wasn't we wouldn't be crashing in my cabin. hahahaha
  18. agent montana This Must be a sickness!! MARINATE!!!

Groove City!
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    I am in like I just paid the cover at RICK's!! :beer2: As soon as my wife says it is ok..My boss lets me go and my probation officer gives me the OK to leave the state I am there!!! BTW Rowdy make sure you get that one cheerleader..I can't remeber her name though..All I remember her saying was I-DA-HO!!! :hmmm: This must be a sickness :cool: MARINATE!!!
  19. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    Damnit, i just did a search and your only about 3 hours from where i'll be living.
  20. Bart New Member

Kirkland, Washington.
    McR,

Thanks so much for the invite, sounds like a blast. Afraid I can't make it - if I tried to get away longer than a day or so, Ron would break my leg and chain my cast to the desk.

Have fun, be safe and how 'bout a rain check.

Bart bawling: