HI GUYS

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by flytier07, Feb 9, 2014.

1. flytier07 Member

Altrincham, Cheshire,England
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Apologies that I havent been on the forum for some while but I,m still around and will be flying into Spokane on April 29 to visit brother Tracy in Grand Coulee. I know one or two of you know him and I intend to fish Banks Lake quite a lot so can anyone advise me which flies work best there. Hoping to catch a few more of those feisty kokanees like I did on my last visit in 2010 and if anyone would like to chat message me your telephone number and I,ll call while over there-I,ll be in the USA till July 2nd though in the midwest from mid May to June with family members in that area. THANK YOU
  2. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,337 / 0
    Hit me up. Think smallish, flashy streamers for kokanee on banks. You might hit one or two of those Chinook that they've been planting in there. I never fish banks except for carp at that time of year, there are way better options all around this area late April through mid-May, most notably huge bows and cutthroat. I spend a lot of time on brook trout in April, also.
    We will have to meet up at Flo's and fish at least one day you're in town.
  3. flytier07 Member

Thanks Matthew will look forward to that and one of Emily,s lovely cups of coffee-Can hardly wait and by the way what is the fish on your avatar? Looks like a golden tench to me.
  4. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,337 / 0
    Spot on! I catch those tench in the Columbia here in town. I love trash fishing.
  5. flytier07 Member

Didn,t even know the USA had them-caught my first one on the River Thames back in 1972 not far from London and didn,t have an idea what it was. They do go for a fly now and then. Have taken about every type of coarse fish on the fly-even got surprised when I took a small catfish on a Muddler Minnow a while back from a small lake in northwest england as no one had caught one there before-they have since and a worm-chucker got a 46 pound monster last summer out of that tiny water.