Hi-Hium Lake - B.C.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by umrules, Aug 16, 2002.

1. umrules New Member

Port Orchard, Wa.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    First of all, as I am new to this board I'd just like to say Hi to everybody. I look forward to the information I am sure to receive here.

As for my question, I was just wondering if anybody here fishes Hi_hium Lake up in the high country in B.C. I am making my annual pilgrimage there at the end of the month and was just wondering if anybody has been there this year that would like to post a report.

Tight Lines!!
  2. Rob Blomquist Formerly Tight Loops

Mountlake Terrace, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I have never been to Hi-Hium, but I have been in the neighborhood in 2001.

I don't have a report consequently, but I would suggest looking or asking over at the www.bcadventure.com.

good luck.

Rob
  3. umrules New Member

Port Orchard, Wa.
    Rob,
    Thanks for the info, I'll check it out! If you ever get the chance to go to Hi-Hium, it is just awesome! We stay with the Circle W Ranch and it is a highly anticipated trip every year!!

JR
  4. gotchasr Member

Kirkland, WA, USA.
    I've been lurking for a long time and decided it was about time for me to contribute. I was at Hi-Hium in early July. The sedge hatch hadn't yet started, but I did quite well on a sedge pupa pattern. Carey specials worked well too. The fish were much smaller than last year; 12-14" on average, although I did catch a few in the 18" range. Caught most of the fish anchored over the weed beds off Moose Point. Hope this is useful. Good luck!!
  5. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +790 / 1
    Where is Hi-Hium Lake?

The Mrs. and I may have some free time in September and we're thinking of the Okangan area. Is this anywhere near?

Tell us about the Circle W....?
  6. Rob Blomquist Formerly Tight Loops

Mountlake Terrace, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Where is Hi-Hium Lake?

Hi-Hium is about 4 hours north of the Washington border up not too far north of Kamloops, BC. There is an incredible amount of great fly fishing to be had up there, and a million lakes to do it in, so you might want to think about going there if you are willing to put in the extra driving.

Rob
  7. umrules New Member

Port Orchard, Wa.
    Where is Hi-Hium Lake?

Hey Gotchasr,
    Thanks for the report. Moose point was one of our two hot spots last year, fishing both sides of the point. We got most of our bigger fish down by the pads by Ladowski's and a few around grass island. Where do you stay at when you are there? We are in Eagle Bay 1 every year, 1st week in September. We always do well on a home made pattern called a Nelmark Nymph in Red and Black that is real similar to a Carey special. Also did pretty well with Wind drifting an Olive wolly worm.

Roper, Hi-Hium is just norht of Savona, which is about half way between Cache Creek and Kamloops. Circle W is run by Ron and Missy and they are awesome people! And they always have good people working at the Home Cabin that make sure you have everything you need at your Cabin on the Lake. It is just an awesome Fly Fishing experience. The have a website that you can check out also, circlew.com.

Tight Lines!!
  8. gotchasr Member

Kirkland, WA, USA.
    Where is Hi-Hium Lake?

Umrules,

This was my second year up there and would wholeheartedly agree with your comments about Ron and Missy. We stay at Moose Point, which makes for a short boat ride. I forgot to mention my biggest fish this year were picked up by the grass island on a fly that I don't remember the name of. If you e-mail me your address I'd be happy to send you a couple, along with the recipe. Let me know how you do.

Scott