High Quality Barbless Hooks?

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Thomas Williams, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

Im looking for a recommendation for high quality needle point barbless hooks. A lot of the stuff I see like Grip, Targus etc.. the . seem to be based out of the UK. Umpqua competitions are nice but a little pricey. I guess thats what im asking for searching for quality. Can someone tell me where I can check out some great quality barbless hooks?

2. Norm Frechette

Norm Frechette Googlemeister

tiemco has quality barbless hooks

just mash the barb down on the hooks you currently have now
    lots of barbless hook here http://www.performanceflies.com

Dave Evans and Thomas Williams like this.
  3. Thomas Williams

Jackpot...thank you very much Norm!

4. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Check out Allen hooks. They have barbless and sell them for a good price. They sent me a sample pack and after checking them out I ordered enough to get the free flyboxes special. I also like their smaller swing leaf fly boxes. www.allenflyfishing.com

5. Dave Evans

Dave Evans Active Member

Thanks Norm, I have also been trying to switch over to just buying barbless and that is a great site. I did not even know that the 200R's came in barbless versions.

6. GAT

GAT Active Member

TMCs are the only ones that come to mind. Normally barbless are more expensive than barbed hooks so I don't think you're going to find much in the way of bargains.

7. Thomas Williams

Gene, im more after that long needle point. I found some I like at an okay price. Im slowly moving towards tying with needle point barbless and tungsten beads exclusively.

8. Thomas Williams

Nice! They have the jig hooks for nymphs too. Ive been fishing jigged nymphs a lot lately and recently tied about 20 with tungsten beads to fish as my anchor fly. About 90% of the time I hook the fish right on the nose. I plan to tie a ton of them!

9. troutdopemagic

troutdopemagic Active Member

Performance Flies are great, I bought some hooks last year when I went on a European Nymph tying thing. Their needle point hooks are very nice and well worth the price. Your not going to find those kind of hooks for much cheaper anyway. Buying cheap hooks is a recipe for disaster, I've broken more then my share of Dai-Riki's to convince me.