High waters

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Old Man, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I might be old---but I'm good.

Boy,it looks like it's going to be along summer before these rivers come down into any kind of fishing shape. No matter where I have been,and I try to get to a lot of places,the rivers have been boiling. Be it a small stream or a big river it is high. Jim

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:

I thought that I would answer my own post. Went for a drive today as I don't like to fish on weekends. What a difference a week makes. Went up the S/Fork of the Stilly up over Barlow pass,couldn't get over a week ago too much snow. The road is open now. Well to continue. Went down the S/fork of the Sauk to just about that camp ground,Bedal. The river is just a little high and gin clear. I fact both rivers are clear. I might go back up in that area on Wed as I'm free on that day.

Just an old man. Jim S. :BIGSMILE :THUMBSUP

3. jroni

jroni Member

I fished the Upper Yakima (above confluence with Cle Elum) and water was low and fishing was great. Might want to investigate this if you are desparate for fishable rivers:)

4. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:

That might be a good idea, but the Stilly and the Sauk are just a hop,skip,and a jump from where I live. While the Yakima is a whole lot farther than that. I didn't say it wasn't fishable,just a little high. I just need to get out,because I need the practice. I need to try out my new fly line. That 555 from Cortland. They say you should stretch it before you use it. I sure hope that they don't mean every time.

But I'm just an old man so what do I know. Jim S. :BIGSMILE :BIGSMILE

5. cuponoodle breakfast

cuponoodle breakfast Active Member

Jim, go fish. The rivers are high, but like you said, fishable. I think I've said this before, but oh well. There are fish around, the clarity is good, and the fish are holding tight to the shore. I caught another one on the Sky today.