FS Hitch-mounted Cargo Box & Yakima Roof Basket (Load Warrior)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Dan Nelson, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Dan Nelson Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +248 / 5
    BOTH SOLD
    Two great cargo carriers available today.

First is a hitch-mounted cargo box. Made in Oregon by Ironwood Pacific, the Stowaway 2 LT Swingaway cargo carrier is a great way to add carrying capacity to your rig. The hitch-mounted box (fits into 2" hitch receiver) includes a swing-away design so you can pivot the box out of the way to allow you to still open an SUV hatch, car trunk or pickup tailgate.

It is wired to fit a standard flat in-line wiring plugin and I can include a round adaptor if you need it. Also includes the optional license-plate holder (legally required if box covers up your vehicle license plate -- you'll need to move the plate to the box while in use). Box securely locks (two keys included).

This sold new in 2007 for $499. I offer it here for $225. SOLD

Second, I have a Yakima Load Warrior Rack along with the optional extension panel. This is a fantastic roof-top carrying option. Unlike rooftop cargo boxes, the Load Warrior accepts large, bulky objects (like rolled up frameless pontoons or rafts) and other mounting devices (such as bike racks) can be added to the Load Warrior. I used this for years while paragliding and my brother has one he regularly uses on his Toyota Tacoma canopy to haul duffles full of car-camping gear (his canopy is loaded with dogs and gun cases, usually) when he goes bird hunting in Wyoming, etc.

The extension panel adds 18" of length to the standard Load Warrior (44" long by 39" wide)

The basket fits virtually any roof cross-bars, including the extra-wide Nissan racks and the aerodynamic 'wing' shaped bars on my new factory racks.

Load Warrior has MSRP of $279
    http://yakima.com/shop/cargo/gear-baskets/loadwarrior

Extension Piece has MSRP of $139
    http://yakima.com/shop/cargo/gear-baskets/loadwarrior-extension

Selling both Load Warrior and Extension together for $175. SOLD

Due to size of these items, I won't ship (within significant financial incentive) but we can meet up in Western Washington fairly easily, and I get over to Eastern WA regularly (especially along the Yakima River corridor). I'll be in the Tri--Cities, Dayton, Pomeroy, Pullman and Spokane later this month, too, if any dry-siders want these items.

Attached Files:

• Good Seller / Buyer Good Seller / Buyer x 1
    • List
  2. Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Snoqualmie, WA
    Ratings: +757 / 0
    Dan, I'm interested in the roof rack.
  3. Dan Nelson Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum

Puyallup, WA
    Load warrior is gone. Hitch box still available.
    Derek Young likes this.
  4. Dan Nelson Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum

Puyallup, WA
    Bumpity bump
  5. Dan Nelson Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum

Puyallup, WA
    Both Sold!
    Derek Young likes this.
  6. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +669 / 0
    How many children can you fit in the hitch storage box?
  7. Dan Nelson Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum

Puyallup, WA
    All depends on whose kids they are -- and how stackable they are.