Hog Heaven aka "The Guild Ranch" in SW wyoming

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by luckybalbowa, Oct 1, 2006.

1. luckybalbowa

luckybalbowa Member

Media:
    Well, I finally took advantage of the company account we have with "The Guild Ranch" at work.

I had never fished this lake before and am pretty new to stillwater fishing, so I am sure I could have done a lot better with more experience, but I still caught 6 fish (one of those didn't count according to my buddy Mike because he wasnt in the water yet!). Mike caught 3. we were pretty content with catching small numbers of big fish.

The fish feed naturally (they arent pellet fed) and fight like there's no tomorrow. If you are ever in the Evanston, WY area, you should check it out...

The first two pictures are of mike and his fish, the last three are of me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    It was an enjoyeable couple of hours before the wind blew us off the lake. Like mark said, if we were more experienced with stillwater fishing we might have caught more fish. i missed a lot of strikes because i suck. i definately have to upgrade to a pontoon, i did not enjoy having a numb ass and crotch all day.

3. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

Media:
    stillwater rocks if you hit it when the water is calm and you can fish to risers. Nice fish BTW