Hohdown, March 19

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by jeff bandy, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,673 / 2
    So, a bit of an unofficial poll here:

What should my third beer I brew up for this be? I already have an imperial stout, and winter warmer in the keg and cellaring. I'm thinking either a nice, big weizenbock (strong, dark, wheat beer), or something smokey like a rauchbier to complement the bacon bomb.
  2. Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Monroe, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    :beer1:Rauchbier!!!!!!!!:beer1::beer1::beer1:
  3. Paul Huston Swinger

WalkingSpeedWater, Yelm Washington
    Ratings: +20 / 0
    I am going to try to do Thursday through Sunday, still waiting on some training event dates at work to firm up before I can say for sure.
    Will be bringing the camper and drift boat, and may have a seat available depending on how many of the Healing Waters kids we can spring from the WTU.
    Im also planning on brewing a beer to contribute. It sounds like there is going to be plenty of big dark beers there, has anyone else committed to an IPA yet? Suggestions?

Evan, Ive never tried either of those beers, but am looking forward to them.

Getting F'n Stoked!!
  4. Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Monroe, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    I'm making an IPA, a Pale and a Hef or Nut Brown ,Haven't decided yet. More IPA the merrier bring it on
  5. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    I'll bring the malty stuff, you bring the hoppy stuff. We'll be very well rounded that way :)
  6. Paul Huston Swinger

an IPA it is then
  7. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +680 / 5
    I'm hoping you get leave Paul. Do an Eastside float. :)

Gonna put my request for that thu and fri off tomorrow. We will see how it goes.
  8. Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

Shoreline, WA, U.S.
    Ratings: +499 / 1
    I'll be there Thursday through Sunday. I'll contribute tarps and firewood. I'm plannin on bringin the vice and materials to demo some dirties. Would love to see some of you tie up some of the flies I've seen pics of. Always like to pick other tyers brains a bit. I'll call up davey tomorrow and see what that dirtbag is up to. I plan on being the last one to leave the fire and the first one on the river. And I also plan on stickin chrome hogs. My name is sean and I came to party.
  9. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,469 / 9
    Sean, you know we're running the over/under on you this year. Magic number is 45. I'm taking the over.
  10. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Alrighty... I just whipped up a recipe for the "Bacon Bomb Porter." A robust porter with a shload of smoked malt in it. It's like drinking bacon!
  11. Paul Huston Swinger

Evan!...... I like Bacon
  12. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Hmmmmmm, do I have to double up the bacon on the bacon bomb? Add crumbled bacon to the poutine, or even make BACON gravy for the poutine? Hell, kill us all while we're at it. :)
  13. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Pan, bring all that ground elk. I'll use it for sure. My elk hash with poached eggs and cheese over the top has always drawn a crowd. Sure helps with the hangovers the next day (add some extra heat to it usually). :)
  14. Paul Huston Swinger

By the way, Jerrys everything Elk hash saved my life one time..... really
  15. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Paul, we were ALL hurting that next day on the Cow. UGH. Wasn't too bad on the trip at my Dad's place either. :)
  16. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
    Should we have a doctor on hand this year? Maybe I'll just bring an AED just in case :rofl:
  17. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Rob Ast will be there, we're set. :)
  18. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    Ratings: +237 / 3
    If you remember last year I was in no condition to be doctoring anyone :)
  19. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,469 / 9
    Well, that may be true, but in dire circumstances I'd say you're still a guy to want around.
  20. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +895 / 0
    AT this point, since there's no call, I have the blessings of Lady Lochaber. It's me & the boat & the 8-wt!! And the cigars. And the whisky. Maybe I'll actually learn to play another tune on the squeezebox?