Hohdown, March 19

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by jeff bandy, Dec 20, 2010.

1. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Ratings: +275 / 1
    Pan, did that last year. Didn't seem to help much. Everyone just ended up playing it by ear. We kind of planned it out the night before.
  2. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +656 / 5
    I know I brought extra toons 2 years in a row and nobody used them. Finally stopped bringing them. Just my drift boat now. But may bring the 10' Steelheader. I know Mr Davey would've used it last year.
  3. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,354 / 9
    I'm planning on brining my 14' cataraft. Many things will determine if that happens or not, if I bring my water master or not. Many variables for me, including how Jeff's rehab is going. Whether I'm bringing my tent trailer and who all might be counting on seats in boats.
  4. veilside180sx Member

Hillsboro, OR
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Do you want to keep a seat warm, or do you want to row your own boat?

I can potentially bring a 14' cat or raft (3 people including rower), and a 10' cat. I should be there Thurs night through Saturday, so people are welcome to juggle who's on what as well. I'm just trying to get a feel on what to bring.
  5. J.Michelle Swope Yes, I said "bobi-cator"

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Im in Friday through Sunday. I'll bring the 17' driftboat, and have two seats available if anyone wants to drift, and take a turn at the oars! Will bring firewood and Scotch!
  6. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
    I'm up for either. It's fun having the company in a bigger boat, but I'm just as content rowing my own. Not like there won't be plenty of company all along the river that weekend!
  7. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,614 / 2
    Jus sayin... The tap handles for my beers are going to be legendary.
  8. Paul Norton Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Count me in.
    Thursday-Sunday, but that's subject to last minute adjustments, depending on work stuff...
  9. veilside180sx Member

Hillsboro, OR
    Sounds good. I'm leaning towards just bringing the 14' cat. So that would still leave one more seat open if someone needs it. (Matt has the other one)
  10. William B. Member

Port Angeles, Forks
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Hey guys I took you up on a fine meal last year and had a chance to meet some of you fine folks and didnt get chance to fish with you so I will plan on showing up for a couple day at leased. I have a raft and I will have a couple open seats available. If it is needed I also have a 14x16 wall tent with wood stove.
  11. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    Ratings: +56 / 0
    I will be there wednesday through friday
  12. Dustin Bise Active Member

Ratings: +7 / 0
    hopin to snag at least one float from someone :) the more boat the better@
  13. stilly stalker Tuna sniffer

Carlsbad, CA
    Ratings: +241 / 0
    I have a 9 foot scadden toon. But Id love a seat on a driftboat on day too
  14. Jason Rolfe Wanderer

the beach
    Ratings: +372 / 0
    I'm going to be coming Friday afternoon, possibly staying until Monday.

I'm coming from Seattle with my Vanagon--if anyone wants to carpool. I can also sleep a couple folks in it.

This is my first Hoh down. I'll cross my fingers and hope to get in a boat--sounds like there might be a few and I've never drifted before.

How do I decide what to bring? Other than booze and snacky/lunch stuff--should I bring food or just money for food? I could load up some nice dry firewood in my van. Any tips?

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys. And hopefully borrowing someone's mojo to actually hook and bring to hand a little steel.

Jason
  15. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,354 / 9
    Firewood is always nice because it is not a bon fire unless it can be seen from deep space. No fire ammo please.
    Stuff you would need to camp. If you are partaking in Chef Daschofsky's meals settle up with him quick. If not, figure on meals that will ward off the cold and wet of the rainforest in winter and the nearby werewolves and vampires. It is a fishing trip, bring your fishing gear. When it is too dark to fish it is a social event that usually gravitates around a communal camp site and fire.

You can't borrow mojo, I've tried it. You just got to get out there and fish like you expect good things to happen.
  16. XstreamAngler ...has several mistresses.

Seattle, wa, King.
    SAK-
    Guns
    Ammo
    Camo
    Be there Friday unless something better comes along.

SAK
  17. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +656 / 5
    I did put an update on the first post of the food thread for those who won't be there all 4 days but want to still chip in for food.
  18. fodf Team Umiak

In my happy place.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    X, that is too funny. Having lived in Forks you are so rite on.
  19. hikepat Patrick

Des Moines, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    Put me down for being there for at least the main part of the get together. Have the whole week off so may fish my way down that way or just hit the area hard all week. Not sure yet. Have to take use some vacation time that month any ways or lose it so I plan to use it and fish the week hard.
  20. Steve Call Active Member

Wetside, WA
    Ratings: +181 / 0
    Hey, you know Thursday the 17th is St Patrick's Day!!!!!!!

Never been to a Hohdown before! Sounds like a blast. I'll definitely be there Friday and Saturday. Can't think of a better place to celebrate St. Patty's Day!

Steve