Hohdown roll call

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by jeff bandy, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,718 / 0
    I'm doing what I can to hold that weekend open. Jerry's cooking skills are quite the lure. Unfortunately I don't brew beer or any cool stuff like that.

Sg
  2. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,540 / 9
    Can you stoke a fire, tell a good story or dance a jig?
  3. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    I tend a campfire pretty well, and if I get an ember down my neck, I'll dance all right! My stories are usually about fish management and put the hard core paritiers to sleep damn quick.

Sg
  4. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Ratings: +420 / 2
    Lets leave the Hoh dancing to the fish.
    Mumbles, What is your avatar?
  5. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,540 / 9
    A pair of Amber Lamps, someone showed me something that caught me funny. It is temporary, I hope.
  6. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +700 / 5
    I was hoping you'd say leave them to the stripper pole. ;)

Just come and chill out SG. No special needs required, except to be able to eat, drink, and relax. :)
  7. twomp3 New Member

westside, wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Im having trouble finding where directions and location of this Hoh down. if someone would.. give me that info so that i can attend this gathering. im am a newby at flyfishing and am looking forward in experiencing this memorable event.. thank you
  8. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Oxbow campground. It's right on 101 were it crosses the Hoh.
  9. orangeradish Bobo approved

Capital City
    Ratings: +491 / 0
    I'm pretty stoked. My dad is going to be coming with me for a few days. He can chuck line, drink whiskey, and tell lies with the best of them. I haven't been fishing with my pops since I was a wee little fecker.
    Jason
  10. bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

Montana
    Ratings: +215 / 1
    I dusted off my dutch ovens last night and am putting together a few sides and desserts to help Jerry out.
    Bring some Tums!
  11. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Just remember one thing guys, I'll be buying up the food, but you need to BYOB (whatever that may be for you). I'll of course get coffee and brew that. Maybe even get some OJ and lots of milk. But cola's, water, and alcohol is BYOB. :) I'm still prepping the menu as we speak. Should be a great week of festivities. :)
  12. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +896 / 0
    I'll be there on Thursday afternoon; you guys save me a spot, will you? Especially since I'm bringin` Friday's dinner!!
  13. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +775 / 0
    Hey Guys,

Looks like I'm the first casualty. I'll be in the area, but will have the wife with me. I'm out of twon the whole preceeding week, so I didn't feel right about leaving her at her lonesome two weeks in a row.

We might swing by and see if anyone needs medical attention. I'm also going to float the river on Monday (no fishing) to shoot some video with Jim Kerr. Should be a good time.

Hope you guys have a blast!
  14. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    1 more week!!!
    :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
  15. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Just in case any of you may need this. Here you go. :)

I know, it's funny but sad, but had to repost this again.

[IMG]
  16. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Oh Jerry, the wife is going to love this. The first rule in our house is; Happy wife = Happy life.
  17. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    You should mention the unwritten part of this contract.

Associating with someone who doesn't have a valid application to go fishing (As in a fisherman whom didn't get permission) voids this agreement.
    The girlfriend/fiance/wife of the unapproved fisherman can ask for reprisals from your girlfriend/fiance/wife.
  18. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Jerry,

To that I can only say: Prenup.

Sg
  19. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    LOL. Thankfully, my wife and I had an understanding when we got married. She's very active with Backcountry Horseman. So she does her high mountain trailrides. I do my fishing and cooking stuff. So we give each other our space. BUT, I know ALOT of guys who would benefit from the above permission slip. LOL. Thankfully I'm not one of them. :)
  20. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Oh, and just an FYI. Been tuning in some of the new tricks I've learned from the guys on the cooking show circuit. Mmmmmmmmm. You can even ask my kids, they were grubbing. So those of you who show up, wait for some of the goodies I'm making. :) But made some of the stuff for dinner tonight. Was shocked to see the kids eat seconds and nibbling on thirds of food they normally won't eat. :)