Hohdown roll call

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by jeff bandy, Feb 14, 2010.

1. fodf Team Umiak

In my happy place.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Jerry,
    I am so jonesin on some great camp food, commo with dudes (and dudettes) of like interests, libations over said above..oh and some fishin thrown in. Picked up a couple of new mini-cleavers to bring to the show..the balance is awesome and price uber reasonable.. somewhat of a knife whore. Lookin forward to introducing myself the afternoon of the 17th..I'll have some cold ones on ice.
    Eric
  2. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +660 / 5
    Very cool Eric. I'm looking for some good inexpensive knives to put in my chuckbox and leave them (I'm buying up a new box in the upcoming month or two). So can't wait to take a look at them. :)
  3. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    BTW guys. Some of you have sent some cash in. If any of the rest of you want in on the food, I plan on buying up the food next weekend (possibly as late as monday). The ribeye shank alone will run $100. So, more cash I get in, the better. Thanks to those who have been overly generous sending in money. Have received from about 6 people so far. Thanks. :)
  4. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Oh yeah. I'm scheduling Sat the 20th and Sun the 21st as PHWFF days. We'll have Chuck Tye and as of right now 3 of our soldiers from the WTU coming. They will be staying the night Saturday. I'll be staying behind on Saturday until they show up (probably around 1130am hopefully). Then doing a quick float from Morgans to Willoughby in enough time to be back to finish prep for the big dinner on Saturday night. As of right now I have my boat, Chucks, and Alex Macdonald's boat. I may need one more boat if possible, maybe two more.
  5. Dustin Bise Active Member

Ratings: +7 / 0
    if anyone is gonna be driving through spokane and has room for 1 passenger and a single large backpack i would love to attend the event!
  6. Dustin Bise Active Member

oh and i can help with some food.
  7. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    I'll be doing the big buyin of food. Have the menu planned out already. But if you wanted to paypal some money, that would be fine. Thanks. :)
  8. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,357 / 9
    Hey there THE JEFF, what the heck does "The Don Quixote of steelheading" mean exactly?
    Dustin, no way I'm getting to Spokane, but if you can get yourself to the Seattle/Tacoma area you are more likely to find a ride. If you get to Seattle ferry termnials and can float to Bainbridge Island early Wednesday morning then you could get a ride out to the OP. I anticipate heading out Wednesday and coming back Sunday.
  9. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    Ratings: +232 / 3
    Jerry,

For planning purposes could you list which days/meals you are preparing?

Rob
  10. Jim Henderson Member

bainbridge island
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Jerry,
    I am bringing my drift boat and will arrive mid-day on Thursday and plan to leave after drifting on Sunday.
    Jim
  11. Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Monroe, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Ill be on an early Edmonds ferry Wed morning coming from Monroe if anyone was to carpool. I'm coming back Sunday morning.
  12. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Het Matt, is that your orange Old Man Jim hat?
  13. Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Monroe, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Nope it's my official county issue safety hat. I make it look good!!!!
  14. Joepa Joe from PA

Is it too late to join in on the fun? I unexpectedly have some PTO time to burn this month and am thinking about coming out to the OP 3/17-21. I can bring an extra 9ft pontoon boat if needed.
  15. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Ratings: +286 / 1
    Joepa, the more the merrier. Bring your toon. If there are no extra seats, you can just throw it on one of the other boat and float with us like Mumbles did last year.
  16. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    With matching wife beater T shirt? You sure that is not your work release chain gang outfit?
  17. Allison Banned or Parked

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I'll be at Lenice. Have fun, losers!
  18. Dustin Bise Active Member

LOL? hmm....

rainforest....

desert...

rainforest....

desert.....

i guess im just burnt out on the desert after hiking in the grand gulch for 30 days!

bring on the rainforest...

still trying to find a way to seattle in time to pick up a ride to the hoh.
  19. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +886 / 0
    Dustin, I have a seat in the truck if you can make it to Leavenworth, but I'll be leaving on the morning of the 17th, returning on the 21st if that fits your schedule.

You know, guys, maybe I should swing by Staples and get a pack of those "Hello, my name is..." stickers! I had to sit through years of conferences with one of those things, and always wanted to put "Inego Montoya" on it...."you killed my fader: prepare to die":rofl:
  20. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    Ratings: +221 / 1
    :rofl::rofl::rofl: HILARIOUS!!!
    I wonder how many get it?