Holiday face to face fly swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by kelvin, Oct 6, 2010.

1. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +563 / 0
    Without looking at a map.... how do I get to Monroe from the Seattle ferry? ... or... I may drive around thru Tacoma possibly.
    Thanks pals!
  2. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    Ratings: +285 / 0
    take ferry
    go to east side of Lake Washington
    drive up 405

PM me
  3. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    swap is in a couple of weeks
    how is the tying going??
    who whats to demo what?
  4. colton rogers wishin' i was fishin'

gig harbor, washington
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    its getting there... working on what to tie lol.
  5. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +674 / 0
    ALL TIED UP, WHAT TIME WILL THE SWAP START?
  6. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    So did I not notice what time this "gig" is? Is this a potluck kinda thing?
  7. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +180 / 6
    I have half of mine done but just got my truck totaled so I'm trying to get a new rig at the moment. Should have the rest finished next week.
  8. scottflycst Active Member

Ozark Mtn springwater
    Ratings: +24 / 0
    Done.
    Ready to party!
  9. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +312 / 1
    So sorry guys but I'm going to have to back out. I had emergency surgery yesterday for a detached retina and I'm stuck in a chair face down for at least two weeks while I heal up. I am a real sight right now (no pun intended) with my chin in a cup and my computer below me, typing this. I can barely see the key board with one eye as the depth perception is non-existent. I have eight flies tied and may be able to get the others done if I can figure out a way to get my vise in front of me but driving is out until I get some vision back in my right eye so I'll hve to mail them. Kelvin, can you please send me an address where I can send the flies?
  10. Richard Torres Active Member

Mill Creek
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    Steve,

My friend glaring in front of a computer screen is the last thing you should be doing.

In fact don't read this and go rest them peepers!
  11. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Richard, actually my doctor said it was okay as long as my head is in the down position. There is a gas bubble inside my eye holding the retina in place. When that disapates I'll be somewhat good to go but it takes a couple of weeks to leave. The glare doesn't bother me because I'm looking through the gas bubble. Everything is just a blur in the eye. Saw him yesterday morning and everything is going well so far. I have a special two way mirror below my chin that allows me to watch TV etc. I don't recommend this to anyone. Take really good care of your eyes. I did and it still happened.
  12. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    Officially out of contention for this one. I'll be working for the girls' musical theater production. There are five shows that weekend, two are on the 4th.
  13. colton rogers wishin' i was fishin'

gig harbor, washington
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    you can mail them in like im doing...
  14. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    Colton...really? That could be the understatement of the thread. I'm sure when Kelvin reads that I dropped out due to productions at www.kcmt.org that he'll toss me his address. Besides, me not coming makes voting me out totally unnecessary so FlyBill will be happy!
  15. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +674 / 0
    Gee I hope somebody can make it,I'd hate to have just flybill & I, we've all ready heard each others stories
  16. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    shop opens at 9:00 swap stats at 11:00
    POT LUCK YES
    drinks and cigars for those who do

I will demo my reverse spider and Puget sound flat wing since a some of you have asked to see how those are tied
  17. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Kelvin, maybe you could have someone take pictures of the steps in tying your flies. I'd love to see them when I get my sight back (?). I'm sorry to be missing the pot luck and hangin' out with you guys. Looking forward to being normal again and doing some fishing/tying.
  18. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Sounds good! I'll demo an Intruder and maybe the Miyawaki Beach popper. Looking forward to it, hope a fair number can show up. If the weathers decent we can also go down to Ben Howard or Lake Tye late in the day and do some casting or fishing.

Ron also mentioned showing us some stuff as well, so if you can make it you should. See you guys there! :cool:
  19. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Well, I still plan on attending unless the weather continues. I also will give out my autograph!
  20. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA