Holiday face to face fly swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by kelvin, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I will be there too. Going fishing first and then will head over.
  2. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Woke up feeling terrible.. so I won't be able to make it today. Have fun guys! Sorry I'll miss it.
  3. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    this event was freakin awesome. Great people, learning, demos, fun...fun... and fun. Thank you for putting this on. Great time!
  4. Richard Torres Active Member

Mill Creek
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    Great job Kelvin for putting the swap together! The relish you mixed up went well with the Italian sausage you grilled, nicely done!
    We'll definitely have to go find some steelhead to tie into soon.

Big kudo's to you Bill (hope are you feeling better, and no, I don't want to know what it is/was :clown:) for getting the meeting set up at Ron's shop.

Ron, a big THANK YOU for letting us have it there, it was great to meet some new fellow anglers and see some familiar faces again.

Gene it was great to talk to you again and thanks for the flies! We definitely have to go after some bass next summer..

And I cannot foreget Islander Steve for tying some quality flies and sharing them with us too.
  5. scottflycst Active Member

Ozark Mtn springwater
    Ratings: +24 / 0
    iagree
    Thanks for speaking my mind Richard and great to meet you and all the new (to me) brethren.
    Was truly alot of fun!
    Thanks to all who brought food, shared their knowledge, stories, and themselves.
  6. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +412 / 0
    me too!

Did anyone take pics of flies or any of the demos to share?
  7. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Picture time!!!!! :)

Picture 1: Snuck out to fish before the swap.
    Picture 2: Flies that are closest are islander's Lady in Red. Awesome fly
    Picture 3: flies in upper left are a pink egg sucking leech. They look great. Upper right is Islanders Carry Special.
    Picture 4: Fly swap folks. Taken at 1:30 pm. More people earlier in the swap.
    Picture 4: Islander Steve tying I think Lady in Red.
    Picture 5: Fly swap time! It was a visious time. We got numbers and when our numbers were called, we picked two sets of flies. First go around was peaceful. The second time we went around, people got to steal flies back. It was awesome.
    Picture 6: Scott and Kelvin.
  8. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +343 / 1
    Sorry I missed the festival. I just don't see well enough yet to chance a long drive like that. Maybe we can do another sometime in the near future. Hopefully by January my eyes will be back to normal and I'll be able to participate. The pics are awesome and I love the cuttthroat :rofl: fly swap
  9. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    Ratings: +292 / 0
    Sounds good Steve

I took some pictures of all the flies, all well tied and,
    I will posted them in next couple of days

I would like to thank everyone who came, for Ron for letting us have it at the shop and for Fly Bill for setting that up with Ron

we should diffinitely do another one
  10. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +567 / 0
    It was a great time, even tho no one wanted my autograph! Thanks Kelvin. We'll have to go fish together sometime. Was great fun meeting all of you guys. I had a good time.
  11. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    Ratings: +292 / 0
  12. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +182 / 6
  13. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +733 / 0
    Just like in vegas, What happens at AATF,stays at AATF
  14. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,469 / 9
    Is Benny's Buddy in the merlot colored sweater/sweatshirt or the black and orange one? I see Kelvin, Ron, Gene, Brian, Steve with his "welders goggles", Scott, Larry, Chef, a young lady I don't know and a bunch of flies and people smiling (well, except for Brian who's got his tough guy look going).

Looks like you all had a very good time. Sorry I missed this one, but FlyBill had voted me out of the group early on anyway.
  15. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Looks like you all had a very good time. Sorry I missed this one, but FlyBill had voted me out of the group early on anyway.

Well you should have been there,Flybill was absent! And To answer your question I don't wear merlot I swill it.
  16. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Well then, you did not answer the question because it was a merlot or the orange and black...well?
    I know Bill was sick, probably thought I was going to show regardless and that thought turned his stomach.
  17. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Well then, you did not answer the question because it was a merlot or the orange and black...well?
    I choose to quote myself -- see above
  18. Paul Norton Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Are you sure he's in the pictures? There were at least 3 or 4 there that you haven't named.

I do know the answer, of course, but as the man said, "what happens in AATF..."
  19. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Just curious...you all are entitled to your own little secrets. That is more than fair. I've met most of the crowd, those I can name are a very solid bunch of characters!
  20. Richard Torres Active Member

Mill Creek
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    C'mon Ed, you can't recognize that bad hair (and lack of) day I was having!?