Holiday Face to Face fly swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by kelvin, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Cin New Member

Seattle
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Great .. see you Saturday
  2. Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Tacoma
    Ratings: +339 / 0
    Flies done and off on Sat, so I will be there! What else do I need to bring? A sixer of something tasty perhaps? Let me know. :)
  3. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    Ratings: +285 / 0
    some tasty food or drink item
    wanna do a tying demo?
  4. TD Active Member

North End
    Ratings: +112 / 0
    Flies are done!
    Eyejuggler likes this.
  5. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +563 / 0
    Well, see you all Saturday. Nothing fancy, but, they catch fish! CDuns.jpg MPopper.jpg
    Jeff Dodd and Eyejuggler like this.
  6. Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Tacoma
    Looks like some awesome flies, can't wait to see the rest! I will tie up 2 more since we have 12 folks.
  7. Pat Lat Mad Flyentist

Des Moines
    Ratings: +765 / 0
    no need, its a white elephant style swap so the sets dont get broken up, bring two sets of five - get two sets of five
  8. Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Tacoma
    Okies, I was never really very good at math. I will have to see to understand. :)
  9. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    nice ones Larry
  10. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +312 / 1
    Thanks Kelvin and everyone else, too. It was a fun time and the flies are beautiful.
  11. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +563 / 0
    Thanks Kelvin for a great great time! It was the best Holiday Fly Swap ever, if not the best fly swap I've been in. What a bunch of beautiful flies! Pat, Jim, and Kelvin's tying demos were great! I am envious of you "ace tiers". The swap was brutal with everyone stealing from one another. But what great fun! I kinda wanted to steal them all and walk out to leave you guys empty-handed… What a bunch of great ties. It was so great meeting a few new people too. I hope TD can find some time next summer to take me on his guided tour of the Stilly! I missed out on collecting up on his "flavs", as they got stolen from me in the swap, but I'm hitting the tying table to get some of those tied up. But, I ended up with Obsessed beautiful ties that are pretty damn outrageous ties! Thanks all.
  12. Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Tacoma
    Absolutely a hoot! Thanks Kelvin for hosting and thank you all for the fun, tie demos, camraderie, and some flies! I am constantly amazed at the quality of folks on this board. Good Stuff. Pics coming!
  13. Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Tacoma
    2013 face to face swap @ Avid Angler. Good times had by all :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  14. TD Active Member

North End
    Ratings: +112 / 0
    It was definately a good time. Thanks Kelvin for hosting, and everyone for making it an enjoyable swap. Some great flies were present as was evident by the amount of stealing that was taking place. I enjoyed meeting everyone. I look forward to sharing a day on the Stilly with Larry. I missed out on Pat's Crawdad's but since Kelvin was the gracious host, it is only fitting that he should walk away with them. Thanks everyone -
    Eyejuggler likes this.
  15. KevinLS Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +22 / 0
    Looks like a great time, can someone explain the rubber-band paper clip setup? Is that a Jimmy-Rig vise? What's the story here?
  16. Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Tacoma
  17. KevinLS Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +22 / 0
    Wow that is an amazing technique for certain. Something I would like to see up close, some gorgeous patterns from that technique. Thanks!
  18. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA