Holiday stress removing steelhead swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Davy, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Davy

Davy Active Member

Holiday winter steelhead swap (now closed)

Seems time for another winter steelhead swap and with the coming shopping season we will need some bench time versus all the mall time, no? It's been awhile since I participated in a swap so I am due to grow my collection.

I'd like to keep this to late winter/spring patterns ,whatever you decide with that in mind.

Also with the stress season in mind lets keep this open until January 15th. I myself will be fishing quite heavily the next 5 weeks so I need the time as well.

16 flys each, 16 tyers (including me) with toe tags attached recipe if complicated, special beverages required for tying

:beer2:

davy

2. steve s

steve s Member

Count me in.

Steve S

3. Wayne Jordan

Wayne Jordan Active Member

Count me in. I'm not sure what I'll tie yet though...

4. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Let's see, I'm hosting two marathon swaps and tying for two other swaps. Oh heck, whats one more. I gotta get rid of some stress anyway. Don't know what I'll tie yet.

REE

5. Davy

Davy Active Member

LOL REE, your always in one swap or another, no? glad you can do it.

I will be gone fishin until next wednsday so if we get 14 tyers between now and then or more we will just take the 1st 14. I will not be able to access the board to officially close the swap until then.

Not sure yet what I will dress. :confused: I may take the opportunity to dress some of my 1st tubes.:cool:

davy:beer2:

6. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Okay, I'll join the fun! Haven't done one in a while and this one has plenty of time to get things finished.

Don't know what I'll tie yet. Maybe a egg sucking leech or a spey style fly.

Bill :beer1:

7. Stephen Forrest

Stephen Forrest New Member

I'm game, count me in!!
    Stephen Forrest

8. Davy

Davy Active Member

Welcome all so far, sounds fun huh?, when I return from the rivers I will get PM's out to everyone on mailing instructions - and your right Bill- plenty of time!

9. Cameron Derbyshire

Cameron Derbyshire Steelhead, Classic Atlantic salmon flies

Count me in, too. I really need to spend some time tying up some flies!

10. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

If there is room, i've been waiting for the next steelie swap. i will tie some sort of marabou pattern. me likes marabou patterns

11. Davy,

Please count me in as well. :thumb:

12. Wayne Jordan

My pattern will be a steelhead bugger in purple&blue, heavily weighted. Trust me, this isn't your average bugger pattern...:thumb:

13. Tucker h

Tucker h New Member

I'm in:thumb:

14. Wayne Jordan

10 swappers so far...

15. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Still can't decide what to tie.. soooo, I used this swap as an excuse to order a bunch of new stuff to tie with. Of course, once I was placing the order, VEE had to get her order in for some new stuff too. Now I gotta take out a second mortgage on the house.

REE

16. Banzai

Banzai FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs

I'm in. It's a good way to sharpen my tying skills.

17. hedburner

hedburner Member

I'll go for this one, iffn' there's still room. I'll do up some pink or purple wormy type leech things.

18. John Hicks

John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

I'm in I'll tye my golden stonde speys for everyone. size 2

19. Davy

Davy Active Member

just a quick note- just got off the river- your all in and welcome that previously posted- I will count and post an official list within a day or two- too tired to do it now-

till then- TL, davy

20. Davy

Davy Active Member

As of now we need one more tyer ,we have 13 and myself, then I will close it .