Holiday stress removing steelhead swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Davy, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Actually, I live in Tacoma, and I still haven't gotten the flies... :( Considering I was one of the tiers on the the hind teat, I suppose it's divine retribution! :)

None the less, I'm *REALLY* excited to get the flies from you guys. I think I'm going to spend most of the time figuring out how everyone got such nicely finished flies, rather than fishing them! :p :p :p

-- Cheers
    -- James

2. just got mine today and i must say that, nothing against the pictures, the flies were a lot better then i had anticipated. sweet job everybody. it's also hard to tell the size of the fly by the picture. alot bigger iron then i had guessed, which was a pleasant surprise. again sweet job and thanks davy for hosting.:thumb:

3. Flies arrived today, and WOW! Nice job Guys. All I have to do now is get some river time. Thanks to you Davy for hosting this, my first fly swap. I think I'm starting to enjoy tying the things.:eek: :beer2:

4. Yippy my flies arrived today!! Here are some pics.

5. Wow, the mail lady is really quick!

6. I don't know but I still haven't got mines ;) However -47F in the morning could have had the mail truck simply..... f.... f..... frozen? :hmmm: ;)

7. With great excitement I opened the long anticipated pack that I Knew was due at any moment. I am speachless (not according to my wife). All the ties are breathtaking. Everyone did a fantiatic job. My thanks to Davy for hosting the swap. :thumb: Look forward to some fishy water here real soon.
    Stephen

8. Nice flies, a big thanks to everyone, and to Davey for hosting. :beer2:

9. Anybody wants to see an image of -55F at the gas station thermometer?
    The mail is still not showing anything....

10. Got the flies, and I was *really* impressed. There are few in there that my wife wants to actually put in a recessed frame and keep as art :p As you can guess, I won't be fishing with those :)

Thanks to everyone, and I hope that we can get a group like this together again! That was flat out awesome!

-- Cheers
    -- James

11. Am I the last one getting the box?:rolleyes:
    I must admit I don't want to use them... Most likely they will be attempted to be copied, and the clones will be used...
    Great Job everyone! :beer2:

Roman

12. Just got done taking some photos of several swaps I've been, including this one. I just posted an all flies photo in the fly swaps gallery. Enjoy!!