Hooked A Big One On A Flatwing

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Jack Devlin, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Doing some practice casting on the water with my switch rod the other day. Got a bit carried away and hooked myself. The photo is my left FACE cheek. You can see where the hook went in and where the point came out. Glad it was barbless and that I had dremeled the barb smooth.
    Jack

2. Did you bonk it? I assume you checked for an adipose fin ...:D

Kcahill and bigdood like this.
  3. Looks like a good strip set buddy. Hope to see you on the water again soon.

4. And I wasn't going to tell anyone.... Now you've done it Jack !!!!

5. So it's pretty sore when you sit down, eh Jack? ;)

Jack Devlin likes this.
  6. Did you put up a good fight??? :D

7. BOY that is going to take a lot of flour and cornmeal not to mention the fry oil :p and OMG lets not forget the beer:eek: glad to see it worked out ok for you as a former commercila fisherman in the bering and north pacific hooks can be a real bitch :mad: ask me how I know that LOL well try again and this time duck better !!! :oops:
    smitty

8. :D:D I have modified my original post to specify which of my four cheeks was involved in the hooking incident thank you very much.
    Jack

Dipnet likes this.
  9. Hooked in the head............it's legal. Put him back. A bit long in the tooth.
    Jack

10. A good reminder of why I never want a close up picture of my own face.

11. You have to really watch that switch cast if there is a little wind coming in from your right hand side. I had to duck more then once on Wed I would lay my line out for a water load, pull er out and the fly would come pack right at my face. Can you say incoming? Good reason for safety glasses even if there's not enough light for sun glasses.

12. Your razor is dull...just sayin ;)