How about a Junior Fly Swap?

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by yngfishinful, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Thank god junky, I think ur rules make alot more sense than having to choose a catogory and tie flies that fit it. Anyways, i will do 7 flies of 2 patterns. I will prob tie a few more that the moderator can keep in thanx to he/she for hosting the swap. I will be tying 2 flies that seem to never fail me, but im not giving up recipies here online. I dont have names for them, but when i think of them i will post them.

"its not the fly, its how u fish it"
    -me

2. Dan Soltau

Dan Soltau New Member

I am goin to do a streamer and terrestrial. Thankyou, as I will probably tie a few more for the mod.

3. Aaron Pierce

Aaron Pierce New Member

I'll be doing a teeny nymph but I don't know what else I'm going to tie.:thumb
    Aaron

4. Jay Allyn

Jay Allyn The Poor-Student Fly Fisher

Ok. Glad we got this sorted out. I'll tie my favorite chum fly, I tied it for the chum swap but I found a different color combo that worked better. I hooked around 30 chums one day on it at my zipper chum creek. As for my other fly I'll have to think about that.

5. yngfishinful

yngfishinful New Member

Alright! The only person yet to check in is flip. Well he'll show up eventually. Junky, I will also enclose an extra fly or two for your time. Thanks guys for making this idea a success. We are the first group to do this guys! Were makin history, or something.:thumb Flies in August 1st. Lets keep this post going with updates and progress stuff. Thanks again guys.:beer2

6. Flip

Flip The dumb kid

been away fishin for the weekend ( duh)

ill do.. hmm.. lesse...
    how about my favorite king fly ( well hell, ive been fishing for kings yaknow) its a really bright ass fly that accounted for 19 landed fish on my dads 2 days fishing in alaska, as well as 3 for me to day.

and... hmm.. tuff. perhaps a squirrel wing steelhead fly, nice-n-sparse.

2 totally contrasting flys lol

so where do you get tequila?.. beer tastes like shit, but ive had 4 margaritas today lol. i was helpin my neighbor build a pool and they just kept coming so whatever. i think rum and tequila come from beavers.. yeah, that beaver:+

ignore my jumble of shit, its been a long weekend lol

7. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

haha, you only say beer is gross when you're young.

just wait... you'll see.

8. yngfishinful

yngfishinful New Member

That includes "bear" too ya know.
    I ain't sh*t for fightin', but I'm a master at bluffing!

9. Flip

Flip The dumb kid

so where do we send flies to?

10. Bill Douglas

Bill Douglas blue collar dirtbag

I wonder if Backyard can get cited for "virtual contributing to the delinquency of a minor?":7

11. Jay Allyn

Jay Allyn The Poor-Student Fly Fisher

Check above at one of my posts, there's an adress somewere.

12. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

backyard, you sound like a man i would like to fish with