How Low can you go?

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by OHJoe, Mar 12, 2010.

1. OK, so all the great threads going on right now has made me REALLY want to get out on the toon. All of the local lakes are just getting rid of the ice this week and the fish are biting. I know I have made a big deal of safety first and was wondering what is the lowest temp eveyone goes out in their toons? I guess in theory if you stay on the boat and dont fall off all is good or should I just wait it out? Years ago, a friend of mine wanted to take his ski boat out to check things out and I REALLY wanted to ski and conviced him that the water temp was not so bad @ 53 degrees....When I jumped in I thought I was gonna freeze!bawling: I know that the crappie are biting real well in certain areas only accessible via boat. Are the bladders ok with lower temps too?

2. I have been out on Nunnally when the temps were in the low 20's and water temp in the high 30's . The pontoon didnt care. Hell I wakeboarded on the lake across from Nunnally every newyears day for 3 years back in the 90"s and we broke ice first real slowly with the boat. Now that was frickin cold!