How's your summer steelhead season?

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Panhandle, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Ben Waldschmidt Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    One mediocre grab on the Sky in the second week of June. Das ist alles!!!
  2. herl Member

the other washington
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    It's been another fruitful summer chasing unrealhead on my favorite rivers: the Skunkomish and Snocraponme. :thumb:

Seriously though; zero for two hookups - I can't complain. :beer1:
  3. Charlie Erdman In search of steel

K. Falls, OR
    I've only been out once so far for summers...down here in Oregon. two weeks ago..2 fish bonked, pictures in the gallery. both caught on a 2 inch marabou leech with some guinea and lady amherst.

I haven't fished yet in washington this year for summers.
  4. Big Tuna Member

Wenatchee, Washington
    Ratings: +39 / 0
    Based upon your results, I wouldn't fish Washington for summers until the fall.
  5. Thomas Mitchell Active Member

Western, WA
    Ratings: +188 / 2
    Six days, two pulls, no fish...

Got lots of casting practice (glass half full).

T.
  6. TomB Active Member

seattle,wa
    Ratings: +58 / 0
    2/7 swinging the S' rivers in 8 days of fishing...one nate...not the best fishing I have had in the early season, but if you know where to look, there are a few around
  7. sothereiwas Member

Issaquah, WA
    8 or so trips since June 1 and I'm 2 for 6 in SW WA
  8. chromeseeker Where's the Bucket?

Your City ,State Vancouver, WA
    My effort this summer has been pathetic. I've been three times, no hook ups. The first time was on a SWW river that was really low and warm, the next two were on another river, in good shape but no fish around. Hopefully as the summer wears on my efforts will suck less!

CS
  9. Andrew Lawrence Active Member

Renton, WA.
    Ratings: +100 / 0
    I had to laugh at this one! I know how you feel. It has also been slow for me on the Skunkomish.

Regards,

Andrew
  10. James Waggoner Active Member

wa
    Ratings: +40 / 0
    I'm 0-4 for summers in SW Washington streams, but those break offs were all worth while fights! Still have August left...
  11. Mark Bové Chasin tail

Spokane

You are so so right william... there have been zero fish caught so far this season on the Clearwater :ray1:
  12. Coach Duff Banned or Parked

Kailua Hawaii
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    I've had a shitty summer. Haven't seen one steelhead yet this summer and hooked NONE. They just don't seem to like Mantis Shrimp Patterns. Our wild steelhead escapement is very low this year on the islands. Damn it all. They just haven't showed this year on Oahu.;):D Coach
  13. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +839 / 1
    Maybe you need some hatcheries.

Leland.
  14. Kim Hampton Not Politically Correct

Tacoma, Wa
    How's the bikini hatch this summer? Any long legged thongs hatch? I like the ones that reach all the way to the ground myself.
  15. Jeff Lyons New Member

Vancouver, WA, USA.
    I've gone 3/8 in SWW, with the best fishing in late May and early June. The rest of June and July have been kind of tough, but I am starting to see more fish, so there is hope.

Overall, quite a bit slower than last year.
  16. SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

Roy, WA
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    I'm sorry, I'm having trouble visualizing thongs that go all the way to the ground.
    Are those what they call "matures" here on the WWW?

I myself have seen more bikinis than steelhead this year, some of which were frightful.
    The bikinis, that is.
    I've seen eggheads catch some steelhead, haven't seen a flycaught one yet and I've only bumped a couple.

'course, life's been a piece of crapola for me lately too, some ugly things have happened, and fishing time has been limited. Damn, I need a float/cigar/drink/hummer.
  17. Kim Hampton Not Politically Correct

Tacoma, Wa
    I should have made that a bit more clear. It's the legs that come out of the thong. They have to reach all the way to ground. Long reach to the ground is best.
  18. John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

Olympia
    Ratings: +180 / 1
    I should hope they reach the ground. the wheelchair ones are not for me. :rofl:
  19. Slipstream Member

Goldendale, WA
    Ratings: +20 / 0
    If I see legs that don't go all the way to the ground I'm going to be pretty darn suspicious.
  20. Bill Peck Member

Siletz Or
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    5 for 8 since June with serious amounts of fish on the move these last couple of weeks.The water is getting warm and the window for for the bite is short in the morning.