Humanity

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Eyejuggler, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Eyejuggler

Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Media:
    Home Page:
    Took the wife and dogs to scope out Kayak launch options around the Dash point area. I have never fished a Pink run and thought I would get my bearings before a trip out on Tuesday.
    Needless to say it was a depressing state of affairs with no parking, windy roads, grumpy locals and lines of humanity on the dock and the beach.
    I think the beach looks easy enough to launch from but the scene was depressing and really turned me off :( kids screaming, music, trash, poor fish flopping/dying slowly on the concrete. I was psyched but not after seeing that.

Regardless, grats to those fly fishers getting some nice fish! I hope Tuesday pans out :)

Cheers
    Dave

2. Brooks Werner

Brooks Werner Member

Media:
    Yes it is very sad. Wish fish and game would go make more of a presence out there, nothing like watching a-holes on the dock trying to snag fish when a school swims under. Plus I bet there's a lot of barbed hooks or no-licenses too. I grew up out there and like you, get really turned off by what shows up every other year now. I know the Sheriff is out there quiet a bit, but they're dealing with property disputes and shouldn't be expected to be totally dialed on F&G stuff anyways.

littlefishJB likes this.
  3. plaegreid

plaegreid Saved by the buoyancy of citrus

Media:

I wish they could deputize a few extra wardens every other year. There is just no way they can have enough of a presence with this many "anglers" and so few officers. I know I'd volunteer!

4. Brooks Werner

Brooks Werner Member

Media:
    Me too! And I'd make it fly fishing only ;)

5. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Media:
    Home Page:
    There's a lot more to fishing pinks than Dash Point

Jason Rolfe likes this.
  6. Eyejuggler

Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Media:
    Home Page:
    This is a fact I am aware of... however the focus seems to be that general vicinity. I was going for the "most obvious" since it was my fist time out. I am not as familiar with concentrations of fish in other areas so, went with that.
    I definitely prefer serenity and will most likely explore other options or hit up my standard launches and spots.
    Reading thru all the Pink posts I gathered some very useful data, thanks to those who have posted said info.

7. Don Freeman

Don Freeman Free Man

There's a four letter solution: Boat

8. Eyejuggler

Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Media:
    Home Page:
    I have the five letter word...Kayak.

I agree, most of you salt hardened fishermen probably get tired of newbies posting inane inquiries. I did research but always appreciate any local input that is pertinent. If this is another annoying newbie post, I apologize and will refrain henceforth from doing anymore. [​IMG]

9. Jason Rolfe

Jason Rolfe Wanderer

Hey Eyejuggler,

I don't think your posts seem too newbish, and I don't think anyone was trying to give you a hard time.

You're probably in better shape than most, having that kayak. If I were you, I'd just launch it somewhere where you can explore a bit of shoreline.

As always, look for points of land to fish, places where the current moves well during the tide changes, cobble beaches (usually).

Take a look at what the bottom of the tidal zone and shoreline looks like on google earth at some of the more popular beaches, then look for places that seem similar--that's worked well for me in the past.

Cheers and have fun out there. The madness of all this is annoying, of course, but there are quiet spots out there where you can get away from it all.

Of course, when you find those quiet spots, be sure to keep them to yourself--you'll get ripped apart if you post up lesser known beaches on here, and they won't be so quiet anymore either.

Jason

10. Eyejuggler

Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Media:
    Home Page:
    Thanks, I know a little sass is part of the heritage [​IMG]
    I have been doing really, really well with SRC's this year (my first) so I wasn't sure if they would be frequenting the same type of topography. I do need to get out of my comfort zone and explore new water so I may just "do the dash" to see what it's like and say I did, thereby learning some new lessons.
    All good, thanks for the tips and PM's and the heightened awareness :)
    Cheers, Dave

11. JayB

JayB Active Member

Media:

Yup -and the scene at the Spokane Street Bridge makes the Dash Point pier look like a chamber music recital, if you can believe it.

wadin' boot likes this.
  12. Dehlan G

Dehlan G Member

Media:
    Launch at the state park.

13. Don Freeman

Don Freeman Free Man

Didn't intend to offend, for once I wasn't being a smart ass. That kind of scene drove me off the banks and beaches long ago, so I share your pain. It would be nice to avoid the launching, clean up etc, but... Not only is fishing from a boat more productive, I don't go home muttering about Idiocracy.

14. Eyejuggler

Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Media:
    Home Page:
    Not even a worry,
    I agree that getting out and away adds way more fun. I was totally surprised at the scene there and that reaffirmed my view. I deal with the public on the frontlines everyday so my free time is spent trying to avoid them.
    Be safe and keep in the action!

15. John Weston

John Weston Member

Dave, I would launch at Browns Point. no dock full of you know what. at the light house there is a spot to take off. tues. should be good, but I could be wrong. I have been inpressed with the crowd on the beach. will be there in the very early morn tomorrow to see if I can get me a pinkie or whatever hits. good luck on whatever ya do. tight lines.
    Outlaw