Hunting Permit Drawing Results Out

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Shawn Seeger, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Shawn Seeger (aka. wabowhunter)

Burien, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    http://wdfw.wa.gov/cgi-bin/shp_tmp/permit.cgi

Well... I got pulled for the hunt deer with all 3 weapon methods... that is sweet (since I am and have hunted with all three).... and then we (hunting budding and I) got pulled for our Muzzleloader Antlerless Deer and we now have 3 elk points... SWEET DEAL.... :thumb:

Shoot Straight :beer2:

wabowhunter
  2. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +770 / 1
    (NFR) Hunting Permit Drawing Results Out

I think this qualifies as SFR, you're just collecting deer hair for dries, right? ;)
  3. Shawn Seeger (aka. wabowhunter)

Burien, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +15 / 0

Roper you know it...:thumb: ... and not to mention the venison pepperoni, jerky, and steaks... and if I am really really lucky maybe another bear rug and breakfast sausage....

Cheers! :beer2:

Wabowhunter
  4. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
    Ratings: +105 / 0

;) :thumb: :clown:
  5. cuponoodle breakfast gritty

Arlington
    Ratings: +305 / 0

Dad and I were 0 for 2. Just looking for a late season around here like we used to get without permits.
  6. ncitrez Too many hobbies.....

Gig Harbor, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0

I also got blanked. Up to 7 points on deer and 5 for elk. Didn't draw for Montana either. Guess I'll be fishing more this fall...
  7. Dipsnort New Member

Auburn, WA
  8. Josh Benjamin Member

duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1 / 0

0 for everything
    general season deer and invisible non-existent imaginary spike bull for me.

good luck
  9. Josh Benjamin Member

duvall, wa

it is possible as of this year!!!
    multi season permit hunts for deer and elk, all 3 weapons, any general area thats open, any open season. it also gives you if drawn both east and westside elk.
    not either or as the general tag states
  10. Josh Benjamin Member

duvall, wa

NEWS FLASH!!!
    apparently wdfw is right back to normal with their screw ups
    4000 people did not get entered into the draw, so they will probably have to re-draw
    http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID5/7978.html

hopefully the link is allowed. it's not a fishing site
    if not, delete it
    :mad:
  11. Gary C. Brown Les Paul Lover

Maple Valley, WA, USA.

I too was blanked for another year. Oh well. Looks like the general season for me as well. Gotta love building those points though, maybe next year.:confused:
  12. ErieSteelhead Guest

I'm a noob as far as hunting goes out here and don't really understand the hunting lottery or most of the regs or GMUs, mostly due to the fact that I'm a slacker and have no friends out here that hunt. So I haven't even bothered going out or buying my tags. What is an elk point?

Also, I'm guessing you are a Bow Hunter. I need to get all new cable for my PSE and just picked up a 6 inch overdraw so I need to get some graphite arrows chopped, knocked, and featherd. I sold most of my arrow building equipment on my move out here. Do you know of a western WA shop that will do it for me? In 5 years of "not really" looking, I haven't found or heard of one yet.
  13. Dipsnort New Member

Auburn, WA

Hmmm, they must have found another way to grab more cash by offering something new. Will have to see what that's all about. As you probably know, the regulations are all about cashing in on as much money as possible while maintaining huntable game populations, so I'm guessing the number of extra tags are quite limited but they charge you for every application you submit.:hmmm:
  14. DanTennant_22 chasin' steel

Everett, Washington

I drew a fall turkey tag in the blues! other that that just accumulated points for deer, elk, moose, sheep, and goat. I am looking foward to my archery elk hunt in september, I should be able to bump into a cow or a spike.
  15. Josh Benjamin Member

duvall, wa

if drawn for the multi-season tag i think it cost $165.00 for the permit...a bargain if you look at what you would pay if we were allowed to buy all 3. you also have the option to not accept it and just take the point. gives you lots of time to hold out for a big deer if you so desire.plus you have the option to hunt both eastside and westside elk, which is nice.
    i have not been drawn for anything in this state yet, but a $5 app fee and the elk or deer tag is all you pay for on a regular draw
    to answer the other question, whats an elk point...when you put in for a special permit hunt and don't get drawn, you get a point. elk or deer. next year when you apply again, you have a preference point which will improve your odds(theoretically) of getting drawn. washington state squares the number of points you have and thats how many entries you get in the "bucket" when they draw. i decided that one point doesn't help you, but if you have 2 points, then your name is in the draw 4 times. wa. state has a point system permit draw for deer, elk, mt goat, moose, bighorn sheep, turkeys? i think, bear and maybe others.
  16. ErieSteelhead Guest

Cool, thanks for the info Josh.

There is still a general season for deer/elk and bear though, Right? Also If it is a modern firearms season, can you still use a bow? Most of the places I've seen nice deer and bear a rifle is pretty much useless anyway.
  17. Josh Benjamin Member

duvall, wa

still a general season as always
    don't know about weapons but i believe so, the only thing i would assume is if you are hunting in modern season with a bow, you would have to meet the hunter orange requirement, i think 400 square inches and visible from all sides, so not sure how you would fare getting into bow range wearing orange
  18. ErieSteelhead Guest

I've managed to pull it off a few times. Of course that was in a state where the deer counts are up there with mosquito counts.
  19. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +770 / 1

Now you guys know why I only hunt grouse and upland game in general. Go anywhere, shoot what's open. It's too bad dove is only a couple of weeks long though.
  20. Josh Benjamin Member

duvall, wa

ROPER-
    I'm thinking i'm gonna join up with you on that thinking. it's a gigantic pain in
    the arse sometimes. i like my general deer area though, plus there's birds too.
    what area are you shooting doves? always wanted to try it as long as it won't interfere with my new turkey hunting addiction.
    :beer2: