Hwy 90 fishing

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Tarkin, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Have a quick trip to Bellevue coming up this week, and will only have an extra hour or so along the way home to Spokane, so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a spot that's EXTREMELY close to hwy 90 to pull off and fish if I get the time. I'm guessing I'll only have an hour at most if I'm lucky, so the best bang for the buck is what I'm looking for.
    Thanks in advance for any tips. If you have a private spot, feel free to PM me, I don't do this very often so I promise I won't be seen again for at least another year or longer at that spot. :)

2. on your way home take exits 38 to 47 up near the pass and you will be right on the south fork of the snoqualmie. an hour to fish wont get you much but the rivers right next to 90

3. Isn't it called Route 90? The 90 Turnpike? Don't forget about the upper Yakima, not far from the Interstate.

4. u could fish rocky ford, but its about a 20-25 minute detour each way. i would say the yakima between cleelum and the pass.

5. I agree ... best bet if your short on time. River is right off the freeway and if you happen to hit it just before dark you could have some fun in an hour.

6. Technically we don't have any turnpikes in Washington. It's just an interstate highway.

It would be similar to your interstate highway 287. What do you call that?

7. Thanks, I'll be out there Tuesday evening!

8. Take exit 38 and turn right at the bottom of the ramp. The road winds around for a ways and then goes past Ollalie State Park. Just past the park find a place to ditch the car and get in the water. The fishing below the dam and falls is awesome. Lots of brookies and rainbows. Not really big fish but they are plentiful. I takes about 3 minutes to get in the water from I-90 and then when you done follow the road east and it will dump you right back onto I-90 east.

9. I was just making fun of "Highway 90" because nobody calls it that. It's I-90 or "The Interstate" pretty much everywhere west of Illinois.

10. You are so right! Your humor flew right past me.

11. I used to say just 90 or 10. Everybody knows that if you are from Washington.

12. I think 10 would throw some people off.

How about Sunset Highway?

13. Get off at the Rosyln/Suncadia exit and go south across the freeway (if coming from Spokane), turn right at the "T" and the road will dead end on the Yakima River-hike upstream of downstream as far as you have time. Very close to teh freeway and a beautiful stretch of river! Rick

14. Thanks to everyone, on my way in an hour or so. Looking forward to it.

15. Well, You have some skinny water suggestions.

This might be too late...
    Nobody mentioned Rattlesnake lake out of N Bend...? another good bet with a tube.

16. Hit the NF Snoqualmie and still had a bit of time to hit the Yak. Caught 4 on the NF, and 2 whitefish on the Yak. The NF was fun, one brookie about 8 inches, another bow that wasn't much bigger, and two others that were too young to tell what they were...:)
    But for about 45 minutes, it was well worth it.
    Gotta come back to the Yak sometime. The spot I found wasn't the greatest access, but at least got the line wet.
    Thanks again for your suggestions.

17. Just asking, but did you by chance clean and inspect your boots/shoes before going from river to river? It's a bit more of a chore with felt boots and waders, but in the summer time cleaning a pair of river sandals can be pretty quick.