I-90 Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Old406Kid, Mar 8, 2014.

1. With fishing season upon us and many traveling the I-90 corridor I thought it would be interesting to
    hear about some good, off the beaten path places to eat along the way. Looking for good food and portions with reasonable prices.
    Just to put some limits, let's say 50 miles north or south of I-90 from North Bend to Billings.
    Guy Fieri has his, where's yours?

RubberLegs123 and Dan Cuomo like this.
  2. Blustery's (Vantage)... blueberry milkshake as consolation for having to climb back over the pass towards the wet side and work.

3. Twede's in North Bend - Cherry pie, great for breakfast
    North Bend Bar and Grill - big portions, great American food
    Corndogs up at the Pass - can't recall the name of the place, but Leland will probably chime in
    Pioneer Coffee in Cle Elum - really awesome sandwiches as well as great coffee!
    Caboose Bar and Grill - Cle Elum (next to the Cle Elum Fly shop - Troutwater) - Bar food!
    Fiesta en Jalisco - Ellensburg just off the freeway - great after a day on the Yakima
    The Tav - Downtown Ellensburg (College bar - burgers and beer!)

There are some good places in Missoula, Helena and Bozeman.. I don't know Spokane although I have stopped there a few times coming back from MT!

NW_flyfisher likes this.
  4. Does that dollar bill bar in Montana count?
    Forgot the name but a cool place

5. Cottage Inn - Cle Elum. Their breakfasts are the best!

6. Jamie,
    That's the $10000 Dollar Bar.(now $50000) A bit of history but the food is marginal at best. Good pee stop and all the flies
    (not the fishing type) you want in the summer.
    Durango's in Superior has pretty decent food or if you take 135 at St. Regis heading towards Glacier
    Quinn's Hot Springs is a good bet.

7. I know it is a chain, but I like the Cracker Barrel in Missoula.

8. I never stop anyplace other than a fast food place or the corner store. Not one for feeding myself when I travel or fish.

Besides I live in Dillon and no place here has any good food to eat other than what I can cook up.

9. I don't know if the 100+ year old Snake Pit right off I90 in Enaville ID is still open but it had pretty good food, and a hell of a lot of character.

10. Ya know Jim, you might just live to be 100 if you shy away from those places.;)

11. The McGuire Special burger at McKean's Drive-In in Cle Elum. Now that I'm watching my cholesterol, I try to limit myself to one a year......

xdog and Patrick Allen like this.
  12. That would be no fun...you'd feel like a damned fool, laying there in that hospital bed, dying of...nothing.

Jeff Sawyer and fredaevans like this.

13. Knowing it's one of your favorites, maybe you & Jim can meet up for some McRibs some time.:rolleyes:

Krusty likes this.
  14. McRibs do have some value; when you say something 'tastes like shit' somebody always says " how do you know that, have you ever eaten shit?"

The appropriate response is "No, but I've eaten a McRibs sammitch, and that's close enough."

Rooster7 likes this.
  15. Zips in Ritzville.

Patrick Gould likes this.
  16. Can't remember the name totally. But I think it is Mountain
    high burger in Easton on the north side of I-90. Burgers good and I think there is 31 flavors of shakes.

17. Pickle Barrel, one in Missoula and one in Bozeman.Dam good sandwiches!

18. Woody's in Moses Lake is a good one for burgers.

19. I always go with the Giant burger. Can't beat the French bread bun. Shakes are great but stay away from the fries and onion rings. They in my opinion are below par.

20. Fry House in Livingston. The best summer joint around, cool to see Bourdain eating there. Catfish burritos.