I am the Luckiest Husband In The World

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jim Paget, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Jim Paget Member

Ratings: +38 / 0
    Earlier this week, my wife said that she wanted to buy something significant to enhance my fly fishing. We discussed a budget and what she had in mind.

Today I called Scott at the Confluence Fly Shop in Bellingham and explained what my wife had in mind. He agreed with my assessment of how lucky I am. I then drove to Bellingham and picked up a complete Echo XR7 rig with an Echo Ion reel.
    David Dalan likes this.
  2. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +431 / 0
    Uh oh....mama wants a new pair of shoes.

Just kidd'n! That's cool.
    triploidjunkie and Porter like this.
  3. Jim Paget Member

Oops. The rod is a TR7, not an XR7.
  4. Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

Monroe
    Ratings: +650 / 0
    I believe people make there own luck. Therefore, I am willing to bet you simply an awesome husband and Dad and am sure you deserve nothing less. Congratulations.
  5. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +331 / 2
    ... new drapes, new carpet, new shoes, maybe a car, paint the house, new furniture .... Wimmin, they always have a plan and your're in it somewhere. Better than not though...
    Mark Kraniger likes this.
  6. Chris Selvar Member

Kent
    Ratings: +33 / 0
    I got similar treatment at Christmas time... new Sage ONE 490-4 and a Lamson litespeed to go with it
  7. Ray Member

Post Falls, ID
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    I would have shot for a drift boat.
  8. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,714 / 0
    Can't be any luckier than me. When I get up in the morning, my wife says to me "why are you still here, I thought you were going fishing". Being retired has it's perks. If I had unlimited funds for gas, I would be gone all the time.
  9. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +331 / 2
    Fifty years of nuptial bliss. Pretty cagey Jim, acting like a cranky old f.... I'm taking notes.
  10. Jim Paget Member

Actually we have only been married two years. My first wife passed away three years ago.
  11. Jim Paget Member

If you haven't had a chance to deal with Confluence Fly Shop, you are missing out. As we were finishing the transaction, Scott pointed out to me that they always offer a free lesson to anyone who buys a rod and reel combination. I replied that I was already scheduled to attend a group class that Ed is offering next month in Mount Vernon so that would work for me.

Ed called me today to let me know if though I was going to attend one of their group classes, he still wanted to give me a private lesson.
    triploidjunkie likes this.
  12. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,334 / 0
    I haven't cast that particular rod, but have been real happy with everything else of theirs I have tried. You will probably love it. What length/weight ?
  13. hookedonthefly Active Member

Ratings: +121 / 0
    Jim,
    Congratulations on the new rod! I am looking super forward to getting out with you. And, thank you for the very kind words!

The TR7 is a fantastic, versatile rod...Skagit Compact 540/570, Ambush 10, Nextcast Winter Authority or Fall Favorite 45 6/7. That rod loves being on the river!
    Cheers,
    Ed
  14. Spencer Woods Member

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +14 / 0
    I would keep an extra eye on your gardener and pool boy :) Something smells fishy here. Nice work!