Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

I can't afford a guide?

2K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  itsbenlong 
#1 ·
Hello......I am going to be in Seattle next week, Wednesday May 15th - Saturday May 18th. I plan on fishing for the first time for your sea run cutthroat. I'm planning on fishing Friday & Saturday morning and would love to find someone to fish with that knows the area beaches. I can't afford a guided trip, so I am posting on here to see if anyone is game to show a new guy how you do it.

If no one is interested or available, some tips and places to go would be awesome as well!

So far I plan on fishing in Southworth, Hood Canal or down closer to Tacoma. I originally planned to fish the Meadowdale (Norma Beach), Lincoln Park area but hear those places might be better for salmon, but not so much for SRC's.

I am bringing a Medium Fast Action 9' 5wt, Intermediate Rio Outbound Short - Clear tip and a handful of flies. I plan on stopping in a shop to pick up a few things. If anyone has a shop they could recommend that would be great as well.

Thank you in advance for any info you might send my way.

Ben

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello......I am going to be in Seattle next week, Wednesday May 15th - Saturday May 18th. I plan on fishing for the first time for your sea run cutthroat. I'm planning on fishing Friday & Saturday morning and would love to find someone to fish with that knows the area beaches. I can't afford a guided trip, so I am posting on here to see if anyone is game to show a new guy how you do it.

If no one is interested or available, some tips and places to go would be awesome as well!

So far I plan on fishing Meadowdale (Norma Beach), Lincoln Park and maybe trying to get over to Hood Canal.

I am bringing a Medium Fast Action 9' 5wt, Intermediate Rio Outbound Short - Clear tip and a handful of flies. I plan on stopping in a shop to pick up a few things. If anyone has a shop they could recommend that would be great as well.

Thank you in advance for any info you might send my way.

Ben
Ben:

I see that you live in Sacramento and have many good memories of the city since most of my relatives lived there in my youth.

I probably will be fishing for sea-run cutthroat Friday or Saturday and would be willing to take you out in my boat to get you into to some fish. How much wind is forecast determines which day I would go. I will be fishing in Marine area 13(south Puget Sound) which is about a 1 to 1 1/2 hour drive south of Seattle. I can supply you with fly patterns that are presently working. I probably will be fishing the ebb tide from mid-day until late afternoon. If you are interested send me an PM and we can go from there.

Roger

#12 ·
Yellowlab: I think this is one of those times it came back around....i'll be lookin' out for your van. lol
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds like there is some good folks on this board as well! Thanks to all of you for your comments.

I'm really looking forward to it.......

I'm looking for a spot to check out on Thursday and was thinking Southworth and then heading down to Purdy Spit area. Any thoughts?

#16 ·
Yellowlab: I think this is one of those times it came back around....i'll be lookin' out for your van. lol
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds like there is some good folks on this board as well! Thanks to all of you for your comments.

I'm really looking forward to it.......

I'm looking for a spot to check out on Thursday and was thinking Southworth and then heading down to Purdy Spit area. Any thoughts?
Ben...try the Olalla beach, south of Southworth and northwest of the Purdy Spit.

Jim B.

#23 ·
pH....I get it....didn't mean to start any drama by it, and sure hope I didn't. I'm kind of amazed that Ben got it dialed in so quickly...he must be really good at GoogleMaps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.