I can't hardly wait...

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Roper, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +767 / 1
    Gotta go to work tonight, but the truck is packed except for food and guns, that'll load tomorrow morning. All I think about is walking the old trails, breathing in the scent of the woods, listening to squirrels bitch, and waiting for that burst of wing beats...maybe I should call in sick and leave now...:D

I'm hoping this year is better than 2011, I couldn't buy a grouse last year. Early scouting a month ago showed birds all around the usual haunts. Now, if they'll just stay there...

Weather reports show temps in the high 80's, not exactly what I was hoping for. I don't think the local lakes will be cool enough to fish but all my shit is packed anyways...we'll see.

Well, I better go double check the list (even at that I'm bound to forget something...) and have some lunch before work.

Ive, I'll see you in a couple of days, Yes?
    Ed Call and Brett Angel like this.
  2. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    Ratings: +220 / 1
    Best of luck, Roper. I'm sure you love just being out there.
  3. Upton O Blind hog fisherman

out of state now
    Ratings: +211 / 0
    Good luck, looking forward to your report.
  4. seekm chris

edmonds
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Good luck and I hope you and Sasha have fun.
  5. Troutrageous Active Member

Yakima
    Ratings: +25 / 0
    Good luck! Nothing like a good close grouse flush to get the heart pumping.
  6. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +177 / 6
    Enjoy your trip and I'll catch up with you later in the month. Looking forward to a very birdy report.
  7. scottr Active Member

Chasing trout and birds
    Ratings: +104 / 0
    The woods are dry as a box of cornflakes. Hunted hard on the opener and although we didn't get any birds we saw signs of them in the coverts with water near by. Straight shootin' Roper.